1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sooo... I'm new.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by loveless1937, Jul 10, 2012.

1. loveless1937

Well, as the title says, I'm new. My name is Ellie. I'm recently out. And now most of the people I know know that I'm lesbian. I was originally brought to this site looking for a way to come out to my sisters. But I couldn't find anything that helped me in my situation so just blurted it out. So now I'm out to all my immediate family and some extended family. Most of my friends know. But anyway, I'm here to meet new people. so.... HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love you all!(*hug*) (im a hugger)

2. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome !!
    Hope u find what u need

#2 kayce, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  3. BudderMC

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find what you wanted, but glad to hear that you're sticking around anyway. Welcome to EC! :thumbsup:

4. starships

Welcome xo!

5. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

Welcome. You couldnt have found a site with more friendly and understanding people.

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

True that^ welcome! Hope EC is fantastic for you!(!)

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

8. marichristol

marichristol Guest

Hello, welcome! I'm a hugger, too, :grin:.
    (*hug*)

9. Ally

Ally Guest

hey, you!
    you welcomed me so kindly now it's my turn to welcome you.
    im happy to hear that youve come out to your family (from the sound of it, it went well??) and that you are embracing who you are.
    it took my little sister 6 months to come out to me after i started to suspect, and i was so happy when she finally felt ready to fill me in.
    it makes me so happy to know that teenagers are getting so much more support these days to be who they are and to trust themselves.
    it wasn't like that where i come from when i was your age.
    we've come a long way.
    go, you. :slight_smile:

10. PuzzlePieces

Hello!:slight_smile: Welcom to EC, hope you find what you're looking for!(:slight_smile:

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello and Welcome!! Maybe you could share your story?? It may help others in the same situation.

12. xramonx

Hi and Welcome aboard!
    Agreed with thecat06

13. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi ellie welcome to ec

14. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey! Welcome and congratulations on coming out to your family! Wish I could do the same haha.

15. loveless1937

So I have requests for my story.. Okay, but remember, when you're reading a long rambling post you asked for it ;P So I started questioning my sexuality in the seventh grade when I developed a crush on my best friend. That was four years ago. I hadn't really thought about it much until two years ago, when I had moved back to my old school and met some new people. My friends were coming out left and right and I thought, 'Okay, if they can do it, so can I' And I came out as bisexual. I started keeping a journal with me all the time and I had become completely infatuated with one of my closest friends. That summer I hadn't come out to any of my family yet and I went on vacation with my grandparents. My pocketbook was laying in the living room and I had my journal in it and my grandma read what was written in it (me talking all about my crush and how I would do absolutely anything for her) to find out who the purse belongs to (because none of the kids there other than me would have had any form of ID in their wallet) and so I was outed to her and her husband. Oh, did I mention that my grandfather is a pastor? Well, they're the very traditional kind of people. And they thought that something was wrong with me so they talked to my dad who told his wife (a therapist) and they put me in therapy on my grandmother's request. I only got out of therapy because I started dating a guy and they thought I was "cured". I knew I wasn't cured because there isn't anything to cure. I was only dating him to try and convince myself that I'm not lesbian. I mean, I had the five year old dream of growing up to be just like my mom and marry someone just like my dad. My mom had found out about me before this whole escapade by reading another of my journals. Now that I think of it, I was outed to my dad that way too..
    I, very recently, came out to them as a lesbian. I was stressing about how I was going to come out to my little sisters because they tend to agree with my dad and his parents. (the pastor and his wife) My dad continues to think that I am believing a lie about myself. And he hasn't been very kind about the way he says so. But I finally got a chance to tell them both (my two sisters that are old enough to understand [I actually have three younger sisters, I'm the oldest and the youngest of us is 15 months old]) at the same time when we were cleaning our shared bathroom. I said to them "I have something to tell you but I need to know that you'll still love me for me" and they both started trying to guess what I had to say.. I got frusturated with saying "it isn't that" over and over again so while the older of the two was in the middle of her sentence I said "I'm gay." and the youngest misunderstood me thinking I meant gay as in happy, or overjoyed. So she said "I am too" and I gave her a look that said 'you've got to be kidding me' and I just said "you know what I mean" and she goes "Oh! You mean lesbian?? Then why've you had five hundred boyfriends??" (Remember, she's twelve and twelve year olds tend to overexaggerate things quite often.) Then I explained the part about trying to convince myself I was straight and she just says "oh" and walked away. My other sister claimed she already knew.. I don't know how she found out.. But as long as she didn't freak out I was fine with it. I later told my closest gay friend and he said "My little girl is growing up!!" I busted out laughing. And that is my coming out story as of now.

16. IrisM

I hope your parents and grandparents can one day come to accept you. I am not telling my sister or my extended family that I'm trans until I've gotten well enough into transition where I can't keep it from them any longer, and let me tell you I expect it to be a very 'interesting' day when that happens. Interesting being not the good kind.

It's good that your sister(s) don't seem to mind. I think that your parents might be more receptive once you find that special girl you really like and they see how happy you are with her. As much as they may be negative about it they are your parents and I'm sure they care about you.

Wish you the best.
    - Iris

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to see you! I hope you enjoy it here.

18. djstcktn326

Oh my gosh, I'm a hugger too!! Welcome to Empty Closets!!! (*hug*)

19. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

Welcome and I have to say you probably have the coolest avatar ever!! Love Finding Nemo!
    Anyway, I hope that your grandparents and your parents will come around to you being gay and it takes so much courage to do that!! I'm not out to my parents yet but hopefully one day soon!
    There are a lot of really nice people on here, and feel free to say hi anytime :slight_smile:

20. oblina

Welcome to EC, I'm new here too! I had the same experience looking for help coming out to my family! I still haven't done it compeltely, but the people here have certainly helped me feel more welcome and at peace with everything! Feel free to PM me c: