1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever: Broke a Bone / Gotten a Scar

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kerploop, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Kerploop

My little five year old brother recently broke his arm by falling off the couch. So the question is... Have you ever broken any bones or gotten a scar? How?

I broke my foot 3 times. 1 time by jumping into a pool with to much force. The other two times was just, because it never healed all the way. No scars!!!!.... yet.

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a scar on my stomach from when I tripped and skidded across some astro turf, and another under my knee from when I tripped and skidded down a pavement. Notice a pattern? (I ruin more jeans that way...)

3. I've been lucky that I haven't broken a bone. *knock on wood*

The worst however was when I slipped in the shower and smashed my head on the metal soap dish. Blacked out, woke up laying in the tub thinking "Fuck, that hurt" and was in a complete daze, seeing stars. But, I got up so I could finish washing the conditioner out of my hair when I felt something "off" and then I looked down and my hand was covered in blood and the shower water started turning red.

Quickly got out of the shower, and even in the foggy reflection I could see red, and blood kept pouring. Rubbed a spot on the mirror so I could see my reflection, face covered in blood, and a huge chunk of flesh on my forehead just hanging there with blood just pouring out of it. "Mmm, wonderful"

Rushed to the hospital, suffered a concussion, had to get some stitches. And now people think I look like Harry Potter, my scar kind of looks like a lightning bolt! LOL!!

So, that's been the worst for me luckily.

4. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup.

I fractured my arm about seven years ago playing baseball. I also have numerous scars; like three on my head and a few other places. They're mainly from sports, my old dog and wrestling with my two older brothers when I was younger.

#4 Mike92, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  5. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've broken my wrist biking. Scars were received in a more... depressing manner.

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well... this is going to take a while..

I've broken all of my fingers (including thumbs) Mostly from basketball/sports injuries
    All of my toes- mostly from walking around without shoes
    both of my ankles- once again, sports injuries
    both of my wrists-playground falls and sports injuries
    all of my ribs- some from a failed couch jump (the rug slid) and others from when I was working in a lighting grid and a bracket failed. This led to my harness catching me... but it broke one of my ribs. Other were broken when my cars skid safe decided to kick on when it was 90 degrees out... and I was going 60mph.
    my tailbone (3 times)- Once from when I took a wheeled coaster down a sliding board and other times when I fell
    My kneecap- playing tag in my highschool physics room... it had a cement floor.
    and 6 concussions... mostly from me doing really stupid things.

I have many scars as well...
    I have one on my wrist from cutting
    one on my leg from cutting
    one on my finger from cutting
    one underneath my chin from an ice skating fall
    one on my leg from where my cat got mad at me
    one on my thumb from when I was playing in a leaf pile and I got a stick stuck in my thumb.
    One from when I got my finger caught between a door and a hydraulic lift (this also broke that finger)
    A scar on my elbow from where I ran into a gate
    ...and I think that's it.

7. Sayu

I haven't broken any bone, but I have got plenty of scars - most of them are from bicycle - when I was 4 or 5 I fell of my bike and ripped my upper lip. And when I was 15 I had another bike accident - I ran my leg into the chainrings pretty fast and all I thought soon after was "Wow, I'm gonna have a great scar!" and I took a picture of it lol :grin: If you like bloody things you can see that picture here (it was taken about 5 minutes after the accident). Also I've got some scars from some "surgeries" - I had several birthmarks removed.

---------- Post added 11th Jul 2012 at 10:11 PM ----------

:jawdrop: Like, seriously? :lol: I'm sorry, I know this isn't funny, but I've just tried to imagine how many plasters were used on you :lol:

8. Gallatin

I broke my ankle once and also my knuckle. The only scar I have is on my eyebrow where I smashed into a coffee table when I was a kid.

9. Bolin

I have a small scar on my wrist from when I fell on asphalt many many years ago. It's hard to see, and the hair on my arm covers it up, but it's still visible if you squint. I haven't broken any bones, but I've had countless sprains over the years.

10. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a way of breaking a lot of bones...when I was little I did not have very much common sense...
    I really only had one cast. Most of the rest were braces or wraps.

It seems kinda funny to list them all out because I honestly did not realize how much I had broken...

11. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never broken a bone.
    I do have a small scar on my eyebrow that I got when I was 7 or something. I fell off a bike when I was trying to jump a curb.

12. Elicitra

I broke my arm skiing a few years ago.
    I have LOADS of scars from random stuff, one from the same accident, I was skiing in deep snow and I hit a rock, I fell over, landed on my arm, and my ski went in my helmet and cut my head quite badly :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. starships

I have a scar on my knee + one of my arm.

And I've broken my wrist and almost broken my finger :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. kem

kem

I've never broken any bones, I think. Although once in PE I bumped really hard into a huge classmate. My thumb bent really funny, hurt like hell and was sore for like 3 weeks. It might have been a small fracture but I'm not sure since I never got it checked...
    I have a small scar slightly above my lip and an even smaller one on my index finger.

#14 kem, Jul 11, 2012
  15. Fiddledeedee

I've never broken a bone. I have a couple scars, but they're so small you can barely see them. One is above my lip -- I went over the handlebars on my bike when I was nine, and a tooth became lodged in my lip. It was taken out, but I have a bump inside my mouth and a small, pale scar outside. Another is on the front of my ankle, where I tripped over a concrete step when I was too young to remember. I can't find that one sometimes. My most obvious one is an injection scar on my upper arm.

16. lostinthought9

I broke my left arm when I was about 10 (I think). I was trying to crank start my stupid go-kart, and the string jerked back on my arm, causing it to break. I only have one scar from a surgery a couple years ago, and numerous arm sprains 'cause I'm just clumsy. xD

17. xramonx

OK never broke a thing but, got many scars,
    Got scars on both eyebrows(But only the left one is really visible)!
    Got scars in my neck/chin from a dog that almost killed me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Seriously Almost took my arteries!
    Got a long scar on my right hand palm!
    And one at left knee!
    That's all!

18. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No broken bones :slight_smile:, but a lot of torn muscles and concussions :frowning2:

I teared my ancle ligaments twice, and my knee ligaments once. Both during soccer. Ancles took me 6 months to recover (two times), knee took me 9 months, and an operation. That one hurt sooooo bad for weeks.. The guy who was responsible for it isn't allowed to play soccer again for ten years -- he intentionally kicked my leg instead of the ball.
    Both my ancle and knee still hurt every now and then, even though it happened three, and two years ago.

I've also had various light concussions and one big one that got me in the hospital, also all happened during soccer.

I guess it's just a matter of time before I start breaking some bones :lol:

Don't have any significant scars, just some tiny ones, most on my lower legs.

19. timo

I've never broken a bone but have quite some scars.

The best one is on my right shin from a verrrry stupid accident. Hope this isn't too graphic... But I was out drinking with some friends and at one point we found a shopping cart outside... so we decided it would be fun to sit in the cart and drive around. All goes well until I get in en the others start "driving" aka spinning the damn thing around... and it goes wrong. I crash onto the pavement and my leg onto a concrete park bench (the others thought it was my head hitting the bench, I was so lucky). Should have seen a doctor afterwards but drunk and stupid me didn't do anything about it... so now there's a nice big scar there. At least it comes with a good story :grin:

Needless to say I never got myself into a shopping cart after that :grin:

#19 timo, Jul 11, 2012
  20. Night Rain

Looks like everyone here has had tons of accidents. xD

I have a lot of scars.

I've fallen off the stair 3 times (at 2 different places) and had to go to the hospital to get some stitches done. Either they did a bad job or the cuts were really bad, because there is one visible scar near the tail of my left eye, and one on the right of my fore head.

One time, I was playing hide and seek with my friends (in the 7th or 8th grade), and the floor was so slippery I bumped into a glass door. Needless to say, it fell apart and onto my hands, which cut pretty bad leaving blood everywhere and left lots of scars on my fingers. Luckily my hands are still as good as before. :grin: