1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acting like my stereotype.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by starships, Jul 11, 2012.

1. starships

Oh I don't mean to, but it just flows out of me. I can't help but flaunt my gay-ness!

How about you darling?

2. King

King Guest

As long as you're being you, then don't worry about it, yo.
    As for me... It's not something I can explain.

King x

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

More than one. Just be yourself and enjoy it :slight_smile:

I'm hispanic. I'm loud, I travel in packs to places with family, I love frijoles con arroz, arepas with eggs are my favorite breakfast, I'm late all the time, and I have an accent.

I'm gay. I don't like sports, I like fruity drinks, I walk moving my hips, I talk with my hands, I have been liberal with my sex life, and I can get sassy. I'm friendly, I enjoy talking to the right kind of people and I can have fun.

I'm a geek. I'm socially awkward, I like to spend a lot of time alone, I love video games, I'm weird, and I still have every card deck for all the card games that I have played since I was a teenager safely put under my bed.

I'm a college student. I'm radically liberal with social problems, I drink a lot with friends, I procrastinate, I spent ridcs amount of time in the library, and I volunteer a lot for social causes.

Stereotypes are popular because they allow us to interact with each other easier. They can be harmful when we expect every single person to act exactly the same, but they are there for a reason.

But yes, I can get VERY out there when I'm out drinking with my group of friends who are also gay. No need for excuses :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    flaunt it lol. its a stereotype that all black people like chicken waffles and watermellon. and guess what? I love me some chicken waffles and watermellon lol

5. lonewolf77

lonewolf77 Guest

I agree on both things. Be yourself. Who gives a damn what everyone else thinks. Like King said, its a little difficult to explain myself. Oh well.

6. Mercuree

Heh. I'm an agnosticgaygothicsunlovinggeekhippy :wink: Depending on who's looking lol. Not to say that I conform to any one of those labels but parts of each of them are parts of me, but people see what they want to see. I dont particularly consider myself goth but I prefer dressing all in black/grey most of the time and like my metal loud with room to headbang if you please, but I have many goth friends who do consider me to be so.. I just live my life and find if its easier for people to identify with me by applying labels then so be it, I'm not phased. Im just me. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Jul 2012 at 10:36 AM ----------

p.s. before I start a flame war, I know that there is more to 'being goth' than how you dress, it is a way of life (to those who take it seriously). I don't ascribe nor claim to be a part of it.. I am just saying how some of those traits that I share might make me seem gothic to some..

#6 Mercuree, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012