1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explanations on the cause of feelings.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KeanusGuitarus, Jul 11, 2012.

1. KeanusGuitarus

East Australia, in NSW, quite a while from Sydney.
    Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    What would be the worst explanation you guys have heard about a gays feelings?

I'll start by saying I have heard a lot of "It's a choice, they could go straight if they wanted". But the worst I heard was from a Christian youth group friend. He says he believes they come from a defective gene which causes them to not think correctly. He lost a lot of respect when saying that.

What are the worst you have heard?

2. Nightmaric

That poor mothering caused it. My friend doesn't know I am gay. And she said this awhile ago and I really want to call her out on it. When my sexuality ever comes up I will destroy her. Did I mention she isn't a really good friend? I should. And. I did. I'd be less offended if it were something that made sense.

My moms best friend used to believe that gays acted that way from child abuse. Then it turned out her son/friend of mine was gay. It took awhile for her to accept him, but she did. This hurt me when I heard she said that because we were really close.

3. Mohawke13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's the year 2012 and yet I was told by 2 different people that being gay is caused by me unconsciously being possessed by an evil spirit or influenced by the devil. In order for me to become straight, I've just got to somehow cleanse myself of that spirit (I guess through an exorcism?) and with time I'll be a healthy, pussy loving straight boy...

4. BudderMC

Because they'd much rather you having lewd thoughts about their pure, wholesome daughters, right? :grin:

I've heard the "because my religion says so" from a friend once, before I was out to him, to which I retorted something about him not thinking for himself. My friend went to town on him for that one. Apparently it sunk in, because when I came out to him there was a "oh really? cool!" followed by a "I'm not sure what religion says about it, but if it's not bothering me and I don't know then I can't dislike it". So I guess that's better than nothing. :rolle:

5. PuzzlePieces

I've been told
    "it's a choice, and the wrong one"
    "God said it's an abomination"
    "oh you're confused, it's just a phase"
    "it's lust, not love"
    "people in gay relationships don't have emotional feelings, just sexual feelings"
    and waaayyyy more but that's all i've got off the top of my head.-.-