1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*angry face*

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Choucho, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Choucho

Alright, so my law teacher told me a story today about something that happened at our school a couple years ago.

There was a student who was openly gay, so all the teachers and everything new. Now, it was around Christmas and my Law teacher discovered from a concerned friend that the gay boy's mother had died around Christmas time. So that wonderful woman went home, and she got a jar, and she came back the next day and put it in the staff room with a note "For (student's name)"
    Not a single staff member put even a penny in.
    So she went and she bought him a gift herself, with her own money (and she has children, and grandchildren and all such things) and she gave it to him. She put on the card "From the staff"
    Now, it is absolutely amazing that she did that for him, but when she told me I was heart broken. I've talked to this student before, he's nice, he's well liked, he's a good guy. And even if he wasn't... that's just horrible. Over a week and over twenty staff members ignored it.
    I have lost a lot of respect for the teachers at my school.

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Thats so mean, your law teacher sounds great!

3. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was sweet of her. :grin: I wish i had a law teacher like that. :frowning2:

4. Jeimuzu

Nice of her. Mind you, did the other teachers know that the kid's mother had died? After all, if someone put a jar in a staffroom with my name written on it, I daresay nobody would put money in it either.

5. biisme

awww....she's so sweeeeeeeeeeet...

and everyone else sucks

6. Choucho

Well, our school usually does something like that every Christmas for people. I'm not sure if they would have known or not, but I'd say probably. Students would have been talking about it and stuff.

7. Jeimuzu

Hm, perhaps. I guess you know your school better than I do! Perhaps I'm getting a little tainted by university, where I've met probably 2% of the staff, haha!

Incidentally, >:-( Makes a good angry face emote, if you were looking for one. Just for the record.

8. otc877

otc877 Guest

Somewhat off topic//threat stealing

Reminds me of a kid at my school who's mom died (he's straight) and the school//staff raised ~$300 for him because his family isn't well off.

Oh and there was a giant card that everyone signed.

9. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

thats sweet of her