1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans girls dating girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sammyjane72x, Jul 12, 2012.

1. sammyjane72x

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello

Whats the real lowdown on trans girls (MTF Transsexuals) dating women. I'm a lipstick lesbain by sexuality and seeking other feminine women (not into masculine oriented women allthough each to thier own). I am open to dating other transwomen but the trans population is not tremendously large (even in the LGBT city near us) so im limited for choice on the TS front

How do I find one who can see me for who I am and see past all the unwanted stuff.

2. julia

Personally, I would most definitely date someone who is MTF. I love, love lipstick lesbians :slight_smile: I know some other lesbians aren't as open to transgender people but screw them, it's not all about the vagina.
    Also, welcome! :slight_smile:

3. Mogget

There are people who won't date trans* people, people who will, people who will only date them if they're out, people who will only date them if they're fully transitioned, people who will only date them if they aren't fully transitioned, and every other possibility. But I think a lot of people probably haven't given it much thought, and would reconsider if they fell in love with one.

4. IrisM

Well my best advice to you is this. Dress Feminine, be yourself. Somewhere on your clothes, or your things, have something rainbow coloured. I have a bag that I wear on the rare times I dare venture outside as my real self. It has a lot of pins on the strap on the front side, and on the bag itself I've sewn patches on it of various characters and such, but right next to my Tinkerbell and MLP patches there is the word Pride in big rainbow colored letters. I've gotten a couple inquisitive glances from women before while dressed like that and one that seemed like she might have been thinking about changing direction and coming over to talk to me. So the best thing is to put yourself out there.

I'm not transitioned yet, but once I am I'll come out more and more in my things and be more apt to talk to people and my policy is this. Get to know them, go out, have a good time, and show them who you are, let them get to know you, and have a good time. If things get to the point where she's getting frisky or suggests bed, then it's time to tell her the truth. Sit her down, tell her honestly. If she asks why you didn't tell her sooner, simply tell her that you wanted to be judged on everything that makes you who you are, not just a small part of it.

I hope for the best for you. Some people will accept you, some won't, some will need to think first. But Lesbians are people just like anyone and they come in many different shapes, sizes, colours, and personality types from all walks of life. There are many fish in the sea.

5. Naren

I found this thread as a complete accident, so I will now proceed to comment.
    I'm a trans-girl and I'd also love to date a girl or other trans-girl, but we're rather hard to find...

6. J Snow

Like Mogget said, everybody is different, and I think often people don't really know what they want until they are in the relationship. I dated a man for over a year and a half and he always told me if I decided to transition he would stay with me no matter what. After we broke up he told me that to be honest he probably wouldn't have been able to. Even though we were already broke up, I was pretty crushed to hear the truth. That news gave me some real reassurance that some people would be okay with it.

7. I'm cisgender and my girlfriend is trans*.
    I was one of those people Mogget talked about. Not opposed to dating someone who is trans* but never really specifically thought about it either. I just fell in love.
    So, it happens!
    Just be yourself, the rest will come together :slight_smile: