1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegas trip in 2 weeks, what to pack?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

i am from cool rainy Pacific NW.

Deaf, 25,000 of us, are gonna invade Vegas end of July.

Girls insisting that to eat out in swanky dinner restaurants have strict DRESS Code, and order me to wear a black (hooker) dress and high heeled shoes!

Um, Im not out, but they think of me as an ultra tomboy. They will not accept that I want to wear pants and flat shoes I can actually stand in. I am disabled btw, and my feet actually need mens sizing, womens cut in arches and pinch my toes.

So I posted a pix on my EC page with my shoes and socks in my dress slacks, all mens. I think close enough to female too.

But these girls will harp on me for 2 weeks, and there, I know it! Saying stuff on FB like I'm the 40 yr old Virgin movie, and they are trying to make me happy and have fun there...by getting me to get fucked by a man.

um, im NOT happy, and i will have fun, just not the way they want it. controlling!!!

so, my shoes are almost cream and have smudges of black. my pants are black. I need a belt and shirt. one should be cream, other what color idk.

IF YOU LIVE IN VEGAS, or if you know it well, what advise can you give me to wear for evenings in nice restaurants? also in the late July heat, tell me everything i should or not bring!

PS, is there anything i should not miss? especially culturally or the land itself? gambling is not most important to me, making friends, and seeing Vegas is. And if you do live nearby, PM me and show me around your town one day!

2. Thandrami

Well for the past few days its been unbelievably hot. Like upwards of 120 degrees. So definitely shorts and short sleeve shirts. As for nice restaurants it really depends on where you go. If you want to wear a dress than a nice dress or some slacks and a dress shirt will do.

Definitely go down Freemont Street and the Strip. The water show at the Bellagio is awesome and the volcano erupting at the Mirage is kind of cool. Stratosphere is alright I guess. Circus Circus isn't that great. I have never found the appeal of the Vegas sign. The Luxor is just a cool designed building so I would recommend you go see that.

If you do go walk the strip at night just be careful because you never know. Bring a camera of course because there are a lot of crazy people on Freemont Street. The town itsself is pretty nice I guess. The majority of things to do are down towards that end of town.

PERSONALLY I love the Springs Preserve. There are trails you can hike and exhibits you can go see and its quite relaxing! If I think of anything else I shall let you know! :slight_smile:

Also there are quite a lot of shows here in town like Jersey Boys, Mystere, Blue Man Group, O, and stuff like that so if you want to spend the money to see one im sure it would be a fun time but they can get pricey. And THE HEART ATTACK GRILL!!! If you haven't been to one (ours is on Freemont Street) its quite and experience! The waitresses are dressed up as "sexy nurses" and the food there is (in my opinion) pretty tasty but very unhealthy. They dress you up in hospital gowns while you eat and if you don't finish your food the nurses spank you with a paddle xD. Its quite a fun time!

#2 Thandrami, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  3. Night Rain

I've heard about it (which is quite an accomplishment to me really)! xD

Since I have nothing to contribute, I'll leave quietly...

4. Deaf Not Blind

DO YOU wear a dress??
    NO!!
    I do NOT wear dresses, I am not that kind of guy!
    FTM dude, not lesbian!

So, I posted on my EC wall my dress shoes, and you can see I have taste in socks too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I told the women I am gonna wear pants and not no stinking dress, they will have to hog tie me to do it, and I WILL SCREAAAMM!
    DARN them!
    I just need to find a good dress shirt that fits now, and a belt. (I lost a lot of weight so I got double excuse to buy new stuff.)

120 DEGREES???
    GEE!!!
    I am gonna assume AC is everywhere all the time.
    So I can basically cook an egg?
    Oh yeah, over my binder and briefs, just shorts and tshirt.
    And lots of sensitive sun block.

I have heard of Blue Man Group, could be fun, but I am mostly gonna be with DEAF, so anything music related would need to be felt, as in a pulsing good beat.
    HAHAA! I should tell my gay friends on FB about that GRILL place, they gonna laugh! If I told my other friends, they again, would tie me up and take me there I am sure. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I hate the hospital, been too long too many memories of puking food, not maybe a good thing for me.
    NOW if it were not so hot, the HIKING that is my kinda vacation! :grin: Im an outdoorsy type. I will bring extra battery and charger for photos, maybe post some here! I guarantee the girl I am with will be out on the town late at night, so anything about safety is good.

YEAH and maybe you can swing by to see all us weird deaf and hoh peeps? :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for any and all advice, bro!

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2012 at 02:11 AM ----------

I have also had a lot of experiences as a kid with paddling, and so other than the waitresses being hot, and awesomely unhealthy foods...yum the only kind really...I think I would have flashbacks! What strange dreams I would have.

---------- Post added 13th Jul 2012 at 02:13 AM ----------

Oh, and I think Deafies are already planned some events and places we all going to swarm to, but BEST eats...do tell me!
    My friends do drink a little, I never see them drunk, I am Irish so I keep far from liquor, and heat and beer can make a bad vacation.