1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did anybody else have this happen when they came out??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BradThePug, Jul 13, 2012.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've found that after I came out to some of my friends, they came out to me a few months later. I just find it a little bit funny because all of these people have been my friends for a long time. It makes me wonder if we connected because we were going through similar problems. (I've been friends with these people since elementary school)

2. Thandrami

Has not happened to me although it would be kind of cool if it did because then I would have some more LGBT friends lol.

3. Hey... now that I think about it - yes, a few of my friends did. Not any of the closer ones but some of my friends that live abroad did. This is very interesting!

4. Friendly ghost

I have had it happen one time. I try to remind myself of this type of thing happening though. I am out to pretty much everyone, although some people don't know just because I haven't directly told them because its not obvious. I think this is a good reason for people who are comfortable and ok with the risks to be out. You never know who might find out and might need that person to reach out to. I know when I was coming out I looked in the direction of people who I knew were gay, which was a really small number of people. Some people might not really know anyone, and they might if you told them. :slight_smile:

Congratulations though. I came out to an old friend of mine, my first friend actually, since before kindergarten. We were always close and even played beanie babies together, making families and what not, lol. I was hoping he would come out to me. He hasn't yet, probably because he probably isn't gay.

5. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can't relate - not out.

But I can understand it. Coming out to someone who is gay is easy. You *know* they'll be accepting, lol

6. Night Rain

Two of my friends came out to me, and I almost came out to them right after that. It was very tempting. I came out to one of them anyway, the first I ever came out to and I don't even remember how it went. I still consider coming out to the other one when the chance comes up.

Some people just need the push to come out. They can be afraid that you are homophobic, so when you come out to them, not only do you show them that you put your trust in them, but you also prove to be non-homophobic and the perfect person to come out to.

7. speedracing22

The two girls I came out to both told me they had a period in their lives where they were attracted to other girls. I was surprised by that since they had both been very close friends of mine.

8. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Two of my friends came out to me in the last few years. Now I've known these guys for over 10 years. It was an awful feeling to not feel ready enough to tell them right there and then. All caught up now tho :wink:. And yes without knowing they gave me a bit of a nudge to come out, along with other significant events.

9. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It happened to me recently. An old friend of mine sorta/kinda came out to me as possibly being bisexual, but this was after I came out to her a couple of years ago. I guess I'm glad she told me cuz we aren't exactly close anymore since we go to different schools now. It reminded me that our bond is still there and we're still here for each other, and that's always a good thing to have :slight_smile:

10. Fiddledeedee

I came out to everyone at school over a year ago. Nobody who I specifically came out to has come out to me, though there might be one bi girl who I don't know very well (I don't know when she came out, either).

11. FJ Cruiser

This might sound bad, but I think it's just a matter of time for my best friend from high school to do so. Either that, or he really is completely asexual since he's given indications of that before. I came out to him almost exactly a year ago.

12. BudderMC

It sounds really bad, but if a friend ever came out to me knowing that I'd be accepting, I'd be really tempted to jokingly give them a straight-face and just reject them. And of course turn around right after and explain that I was kidding and it was no big deal and whatever.

But, of course, I'll probably never do that since I know the severe amount of pressure that's on someone coming out... but if it was someone I was really jokey with, maybe, just maybe...