1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'd like to know

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gazza123, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Now I'm not a 100% sure on EC's rules but I just wanted to know if there have been people who have met and eventually got into a relationship through chatting, etc etc on EC.

I know EC is not a dating site and I would never use it as that way because BELIEVE ME it has helped me with a lot of issues and has even helped me come to my family which is something I thought I would never do

So

Has anyone met any who they have either become friends or something more. I don't want in depth answers just simple answer will do

or

you can just give your thoughts on it

thanks

2. Shevanel

It's happened, yes. I don't know how many are successful, in the way of they live together and so on now. My personal known count would be 2 different couples, including my relationship xD

Also, of course tons of us are friends with eachother xD I've met a few ECers throughout my time here in different parts of America xD

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

It might not be our primary purpose, but that doesn't mean we're going to clamp down on it if it happens naturally. :slight_smile:

4. BudderMC

I feel like relationships on EC is dangerous territory, moreso than dating someone from a "group of friends", because if things don't work out and get super awkward, not only do you lose your "group of friends" but also some (if not all) of your support system.

But true love conquers all, right? :slight_smile:

5. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

EC's primary purpose is a support forum, and generally speaking it is recommended that you don't date someone who is in the same support group as you. The reason is fairly simple -- you don't want to lose your ability to be in the group if things go sour between the two of you.

That being said, each situation is different. If two (or more, I guess) people find that they just click and want to be in a relationship, then it might still be worth giving it a shot. Probably a good idea to come up with a contingency plan for how to handle EC use if it doesn't work out, but then again, it's a good idea to do that with anything shared by the people in the relationship.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If things do go sour and you don't want to see them again, there's always your ignore list.