1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I find them close by?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AwEsOmEoNe, Jul 16, 2012.

1. AwEsOmEoNe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is there any way I can find gay friends close by using the internet? Like what is the safest way to find people near me using the internet?

2. Night Rain

I heard there's an app for that, but I would never recommend it. Why are you so desperate? Just keep it slow! You've still got a long way to go. :slight_smile:

3. AwEsOmEoNe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just kinda feel alone lol but thankyou :slight_smile:

4. Gen

Gen

Well, I'm sorry to here that :frowning2:. But I have to admit, I would shy away from using the internet to meet people for any purpose. It would help if you gave some background information though. Are you in school or college? Or do you have a job?

It would be easier to meet various people if were in college, because most have LGBT oriented clubs and functions. Plus, simply meeting people around campus. However, if you have a job or something of the sort, than it can be alittle more difficult. But it would mainly just help if we had alittle more general info.

5. grizzleybear33

I feel the same way. Actually there was this app called boyahoy...yeah weird name...but then they changed it so you could only see the people who were 100+ miles away from you...kinda defeats the purpose of a site the "connects" gay teens. Other than that app I haven't been able to find ANYTHING. I tried trevorspace bit it didnt seem like there were very many guys using it. Im in the closet so it was nice to have people in my area to talk to so if you do find someway please tell me. good luck :]

6. AwEsOmEoNe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks I will try that app and ya ofcourse if I find something I will de3finetly let yo uknow :slight_smile:

7. Night Rain

You know these apps are for hook-ups. If you're lonely, this is not a good idea to make friends. :slight_smile:

8. grizzleybear33

That's not true...if I sensed that all they were there for was to hook up I didn't talk to them. Not everybody on it was because I did make a few friends that I still talked to until they changed the app

9. Night Rain

Well that doesn't sound like friends at all... If you need to talk, you can talk your heart out in this forum. :lol:

10. Catkin

I'd second this, if you are looking for online gay friends....then I think you might have already found the right place, everyone is really friendly here. If your aim is to use the internet to find people who you can meet up with in person, I would be a bit wary if I were you, some apps in particular are not very trustworthy.
    The safest way I can think of (assuming you do want to meet with people in real life) is to use the internet to look up if to see if there are any LGBT groups in your area. (youth groups, sports clubs etc.)

11. AwEsOmEoNe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ya that makes more sense thank you :slight_smile:

12. grizzleybear33

Well they were the closest thing I had to gay friends for about 2 months. No talk of hooking up just us talking about life and I would say they were my friends for sure. Dont get me wrong this forum and everyone on it are awesome. it's just they were there then.. now they're gone...and here you guys are. I have a question though....how long does it take for the chat room to open to a new member. I just joined yesterday and I saw something about having to be accepted by an admin before you can enter it.