1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Face With You're Crush......

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Jul 16, 2012.

?

How do you act?

1. Bold, Open, and Flirty

14 vote(s)
    13.9%
  2. Quiet, Shy, and Distant

39 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Awkward, Clumsy, and Stare

30 vote(s)
    29.7%
  4. Other

18 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. Gen

Gen

After reading many of our "crush" stories on EC, it is becoming obvious that we are very diverse in the way that we act around those we fall for. Some of us are bold and flirty. Some are quiet and shy. Some of us are awkward, mix up our words, and stare. When you are around someone you are attracted to or your crush, how do you act?

I'll start off by admitting that I'm the flirt :slight_smile:. I was talking with my friends about this and they all said I was the flirt >_>. I thinks its because I naturally have a joking type of personality around people. So when I "flirt" its not really a shock, because I talk like that all the time with friends :/.

2. Operastar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Great post :slight_smile:
    I think I'm very dependent of the persons energy but often I'm pretty clueless that I'm being hit on. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But I'm assuming I'm the shy girl loll. Only because if someone is flurting on me and Im crushing Ill usually have issues with eye contact... ( maybe I'm afraid they'll know what I'm thinking <3)

3. IrisM

I'm terrified of people and I really don't like my body. So if I like someone I'll try extra hard to avoid them so they don't look at me, or I'll feel ashamed more than usual. Me getting to know someone well enough to like them like that is rare though. Only happened once. =o

4. secretguyX

It depends. Around any girl crushes, or guy crushes I'm not really friends with, I'm a mix of (quiet, shy, and distant) and (awkward, clumsy, and stare). Around guy crushes that I'm friends with, I'm more (blond, open, and flirty). But more so I'm (quiet, shy, and distant) probably.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If my crush is a friend, and/or we're in a group, I'm flirty as hell.

6. starlightonmars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a pretty awkward/clumsy person, and so when I'm faced with my crush I'm fairly open and flirty, but in a cute awkward kind of way.

7. BudderMC

Quiet/distant, usually, but it depends on the crush I guess. My current (and arguably longest) crush is a really close friend and person I first came out to, so I'm not about to give up the friendship... so I'm bold/open/awkward usually, but if I'm flooded with feelings I'll go more quiet/distant to avoid saying/doing anything stupid.

EDIT: I chose "Other" on the poll.

#7 BudderMC, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I nearly picked Quiet, Shy, and Distant, but I think I was being too literal in reading the "distant" part; when I get a crush on someone, I usually keep my distance and just admire their handsomeness and wonder, what if?

But when I do actually end up talking to someone I think is attractive (like if a friend I'm with invites them over), I'm absolutely awkward and clumsy. Although I've found from the few times I've asked such guys out that if I ask if they're interested and they say no, I'm usually cool as a cucumber after that. :shrug:

9. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

For crushes in general: I went with "awkward, clumsy, and stare" because I am always awkward and clumsy in pretty much every social situation. I am also usually quiet, but when I actually care how the person perceives me, I usually try to be bold. If the conversation is less than 10 minutes long, I'll even succeed to a large extent. But it's exhausting, so after a while I'll slip up, resulting in, well, awkwardness, to put it mildly.

For my current crush: I don't have any idea how I would react to talking to her. I would probably freeze up, try to talk, but fail because I would be too torn between relief, anger, sadness, and a whole bunch of other emotions. It wouldn't be pretty.

10. Alphabets

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I voted for Quiet, shy, distant, but I also do Awkward, Clumsy, and Stare.
    When I see them, my heart starts beating fast, I get butterflys, kinda sweat, and my face turns really red. Sometimes its awkward because I don't know what to say. Im too scared if I say something dumb/stupid and they'll judge me for it. And like never talk to me.

11. I'd say I'm a mix between flirty, shy, and awkward. Recently, I was described as "intense" though. I'm not quite sure how the guy arrived at that conclusion, but I quite like it. I've had an on-off again type of crush on him for like three years (we just started talking again). In the past, I never really confronted my other crushes, so this is a first.

12. BornThisway44

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Im very loud wild and outgoing but a cute guy i like can change me into a quiet shy person for a bit lol. Then after im around them for a while and i have seduced them into liking me like I always do then I go back to myself.

13. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm usually quiet, shy, and distant as it is. So when it's a guy I like, even more so :eusa_sile

14. lowdownweather

I'm absolutely terrified.

15. Gen

Gen

Wow I comtemplated puting "Terrified" lol. Well I guess we are all atleast alittle frightened on the inside :slight_smile:.

16. Ahri

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a quiet and shy type.

I don't even talk to them (crush) and they're like, a popular person and I'm not so it would be weird. And it's hard to talk to hot people with eye contact so I usually like look at the floor or behind them lol

#16 Ahri, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  17. ryanninjasheep

Well, I was best friendds with him before even realizing, so I just carried on

18. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a combo of Quiet & Shy and Awkward & Clumsy. When I'm with my crush I tend to try as natural as I can but maybe in a way that might give the impression that I'm into said crush, so I try and reel it back in, thus making me look rather distant as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Cascade

I'm normally really distant from people but if there's a person I like around, I'm much more awkward and clumsy. For instance I typically excel at expressing myself through words but around someone I like my sentences become mashed and clunky and everyone can tell something is up.

20. Jonathan

When I'm around my "crush" or somebody I think is really cute (i.e. we're in the same room), I tend to avoid them like the plague. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: