1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Kiss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Doctor, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Doctor

So listen up. This is my first boyfriend, and last night we where talking, and he said he wants to kiss me. Now I was 10000000% OK with that, but now I'm scared -- I've never kissed anyone before! We're going on a date next week, so I'm assuming it'll happen then. Any tips? What should I do/what shouldn't I do? Also: Yay me it's my first post :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    Something you should do is kiss him.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Spoiler alert: if it's your first kiss, you're going to suck at it. Everyone does. It's nothing to feel ashamed of, and it doesn't mean your first kiss won't be great; it very well can be, even if you don't know what you're doing! Two tips, though. One, if your boyfriend is more experienced with kissing than you are, follow his lead and his example. That's the best way to learn. Two, if he does something that you aren't comfortable with, no matter how innocuous it may seem (even if it's just something like him opening his mouth when he kisses you), speak up. Say you aren't ready to go that far yet. You can always try again later if you change your mind.

With that said, be open to trying new things. It's probably not going to go how you imagine it, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. :slight_smile: Keep an open mind, and be mindful of the difference between nervous excitement and legitimately not being ready to go that far.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just relax, if he wants to kiss you chances are he will enjoy it even if you arent very good.

5. The Doctor

Hmm. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal helpful :dry:

Ok! I do think he'll be way better than me, as he's older, and been in more relationships. :slight_smile:

Ok. I do hope so.

Thanks for the advice everybody! :icon_bigg