1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if I were braver, I'd be updating this to my FB right now :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Caoimhe Fayre, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Caoimhe Fayre

Hello!!!

I think we should have a post where we can put all the short little updates we'd love to put on FB if we were just a little braver... so go ahead and post your updates, keep 'em short (like you would a FB update) and enjoy saying all those things that you normally bite your fingers to keep from typing...

My first two are:

Unfortunately, while I've been equipped with GREAT gaydar for guys, my lesbodar setting appears to be permanently malfunctioning. Anyone know where I can trade it in for something that might actually be USEFUL to me? *sigh*

and

Dear heart: she is straight. No, you can't have her anyways... it doesn't work like that. How about getting all worked up over a nice, available lesbian now?

so, go ahead and have fun!!! :slight_smile:

2. GingerBiBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    To all i figured that I'd tell you all at some point that i am proudly Bisexual...........should i try dating a guy for the first time or should i keep dating girls like i always have been......the truth is, i have the choice of both genders so why not take advantage of it.

3. Silvails52

Here's my Facebook post:

I've been putting off telling everyone, but here it goes: I'm gay. I know it's a huge shock, I had to live it! If you want to know how I know, send me a message. But I'm happy this way. It was never a choice on my part, it's just who I am. No amount of Bible quoting can change this. To my Christian friends, I prayed and asked God to tell me what to do. I have seen that He accepts me. This is who I am. If you don't like it, then that's your problem.

4. Martee

Martee Guest

I have chest dysphoria and am a tomboy...so stop asking me to wear a real bra under my shirts. What concern of yours is it anyway? It wouldn't change anything if I did wear one except to make me uncomfortable.
    To those of you who accept me the way I am...thanks :slight_smile:

5. Deaf Not Blind

Caoimhe Fayre

"Unfortunately, while I've been equipped with GREAT gaydar for guys, my lesbodar setting appears to be permanently malfunctioning. Anyone know where I can trade it in for something that might actually be USEFUL to me? *sigh*"

.....................DeafNotBlind
    .....................well, my uncle accidentally brought home some from Gaymart last week. Boy was he mad that salesgirl put it in his bag and charged him for it! But I have no idea if they will exchange your used Gaydar for a new Lesbodar, unless you have a receipt. It is not like you are talking Nordtrans here!

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2012 at 03:23 PM ----------

DEAFNOTBLIND:thumbsup: LIKE/COMMENT/SHARE

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Homophobic bigots piss me off....

(sadly I cannot post this because some of my family falls into this group..)

7. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say different stuff but the first would be>>

Yo soy Lebanese!

Or:

I'm gayer than a gay shark. Dolphins unite!!

8. Silvails52

Status update: Why are all the cute guys straight and taken?

9. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hahaha! That's funny...I've never heard that before. Just gaydar.

10. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Status update: there's something about cute ass guys and the mall. That's where they all seem to be these days. If I had realized that sooner, I'd have spent more time there :slight_smile:

11. IrisM

Status Update: Really need to go and meet a fellow mtf transgirl around my own age. It would be so nice to have a friend who I can be myself, go shopping with, and have a good time who understands me. ^^

12. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]YhNXxlMvo08[/YOUTUBE]​
    I've already done this, but I still think it's really super funny

13. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I would first like to come out once and for all maybe something like this: I'm lesbian and if you can't accept it then I'm sorry. But this was never a choice for me, and I was in denial about it for a long time till I realized I'm happy so why not take advantage of it and date who makes me happy, even if it happens to be a girl?. This is just a small piece of me that I hope you can accept from me.
    Status Update: I miss having a girlfriend and being able to be myself with her, I need to find someone closer to my age anyway. :slight_smile:

14. Status Update: Facebook, you bore me and you keep changing shit that screws up my profile. I've moved on to something better now. Buh-bye!

I haven't updated my status on FB in the longest time anyways. Just use it for chat messages for friends who live else where that I don't get to see so easily. I really, actually want to just delete it.

15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really!? You think that pulling a gun on a public employee that is trying to do their job is "protecting your rights" You my former friend are real close to being deleted and blocked. Really though, tell me it is a sin to be gay again and it's over. You will never hear from me again.

16. SkyDiver

Status Update: For those of you who didn't already know, I just want to say that I'm proudly gay, and proudly Christian. I definately didn't choose to be gay, and I'm tired of still hiding who I truly am from certain people. If you've got a problem with this, then please click "Unfriend" :slight_smile:

#16 SkyDiver, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  17. Deaf Not Blind

STATUS UPDATE:
    I'm not weird, not "different", and I am not going to follow like a sheep in the culture that says I have to wear makeup, high heels and push up bras.
    I am Queer.
    That means I am deviating from the norm that you want me to obey. I am not interested. You look so fake, and I want to be real now.
    You know I am not like the ladies, but I am kind, caring, and throw fun parities.
    I am not a lesbian, so you who have been gossiping about me can stop that one now.
    I am transgender; I am a guy.
    If you laugh at me and act like it is a joke, I will unfriend you.
    If you try to rationalize it and say it is just an idea somebody put in my head, let me tell you that I told my best friend when I was 10 that I was a boy.
    I was not sexually abused as a child either.
    So don't go looking for reasons, it is none of your business.
    But if you can't understand or accept this, and try to make me conform to be a woman or a lesbian, goodbye and go away from me.
    BUT...
    if you want to be my friend still, even if you have no clue what this is about, I need you too.
    PM me!

18. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Fireworks likes this.

---------- Post added 20th Jul 2012 at 12:35 PM ----------

STATUS UPDATE:
    To all those claiming I made this up for attention, wow, you know me so well. Obviously you are correct; this must be the reason why I never speak about my sexuality, unless asked. I congratulate you on your marvellous deduction, dear complete strangers who have absolutely no relevance in my life, who have barely uttered a word to me or even acknowledged my existen e until now. Of course, there is no denying that YOU can truly understand my orientation better than I do. Because you know exactly what goes on in my head, don't you? And I cannot be gay, no way. We all know how attention-seeking I am- like the time when, umm, well, just in general. In fact, you mayhave realised this: my shyness? It is all an act, fo attention. I admit it. That's why I constantly hide in the background, examine my nails whenever anything to do with me is brought up. This could only mean one thing, of course. I craaaaaave the limelight, secretly. No matter how much my burning cheeks and teary eyes suggest against it. What can I say? I'm an incredible actress: I fooled myself. But alas, I could not fool you.

19. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm getting braver and getting likes too

Recent FaceBook update: Sometimes when I open my eyes, all I see are rainbows. And I can't help but smile at the beauty of it all

I got quite a few likes but doubt people really read it the way it was intended.

I also freely updated my FaceBook to say Interested in Men and Women...

And liked two LGBT pages (it all shows on my wall so pretty much in their faces).

I'm not going to hide or be afraid of what others think or feel anymore. I'm tired of that part of my life. Right now I just want to be happy being myself, and if others can't or won't accept me for that then I don't need them.

Update I'd love to put up sometime: I swing both ways baby and that's all there is to it.

That's putting it very bluntly, and I think I've pretty much opened everybody up to the idea already but man, I'd love to just literally spell it out for everyone. Apparently they react to dramatic status updates rather than subtle changes or additions......:slight_smile:

20. LSunday

If I were braver, I wouldn't have hidden the notification when I changed my 'Interested In.'

Then, passive-aggressive statuses. "No, just because I like dudes does NOT mean I want to jump your bones. Please get over yourself."