1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you eventually move out of your city?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mes1995, Jul 18, 2012.

1. mes1995

i wanna move!

the city i live in is too small, everyone knows each other and gossip/rumors spread at the speed of light

2. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unless something goes wrong in the worst possible way, then I plan on being out of here as soon as both I and my family have the stability for me to blow this backwoods town.

I don't like where I live, but there are some pros: I can get the mail naked if I so choose, since my only neighbors wear only chains 'round their necks and the occasional nose ring. I can also wander for hours through the woods, just not at night or when the weather is too dry because then the coyotes and snakes come down the mountain to hunt.

But I still plan on leaving. This area just isn't for me.

3. Silvails52

I'm definitely moving out. I'm still at home, and I can't wait to get away from my parents and live the way I want to.

4. Peanuts

I love where I live, and I'll have a special place in my heart for my hometown, but I definitely think I'll move out when I'm older. There's something about being out and about in a different place that appeals to me and to so many other youths. There's honestly no other place like Cali though.

5. Pauline

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lived in Milwaukee for 11years and got sick of it so I moved back to my home town

6. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yup. At the end of August I start college, which means living in a new place and doing new things. I can't wait

7. BudderMC

My hometown somewhat-affectionately has the word "Lame" in it's rather common nickname. So yeah, I've left for school, and if I can avoid it I don't plan on going back. There's a big of nostalgia but not enough to justify me living there. There's just nothing to do.

8. EllieSong

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I live in a capital but it's small and also, gossips spread like in a village. I hope to move out at the end of August or in the beginning of September, if things go right or as soon as possible if it won't be possible right now :slight_smile:

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tough question.

I really don't like where I'm at because it's so... boring. But on the other hand, I would love to come back here and teach at my current university.

10. Hiems

Yeah, I'll move once I finish college in 4-5 years. I don't like living in the suburbs. I'm weighing between going back to New York or moving to California.

11. Swim2Fly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I think so. But I am slightly torn.

Here are some pros and cons of where I live:

+ KC is a great place to raise kids and settle down. City environment, yet still affordable.
    + People are typically polite and friendly.
    + The BBQ/read meat in general is top notch.
    + I just have a lot of friends/family already here.

- It's a different breed of conservativism in politics from what I am comfortable voting for.
    - The weather gets pretty extreme in the summer and winter.
    - Homogeneous populations, misconceptions and generalizations about "other" people. Not really racism (though there's plenty of that), but a level of ignorance.
    - Not many outdoor activities.

I'm definitely only temporarily living with my parents, whatever happens. :slight_smile:

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I'm absolutely moving when I am able to do so, but where I'll go depends entirely on where I can get hired. Barring some horrific unforeseen accident, there aren't any open and available jobs available for me in the field I want in my hometown, but I can take my degree anywhere. I really, really, really have my heart set on Seattle, and I'd love to move there if I ever get the chance.

13. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am going to move out of my hometown. Right now, I am only here for the summer months. This place offers nothing for my career. I will be happy to return to school in August.

14. Deaf Not Blind

I'm moving to university dorm, so I love my town which is small, cuz I grew up here and want to come back one day and make it better for all!

If you leave, you take away one great person who can make positive change!

15. secretguyX

Eventually. I don't know where I'm going to university in four years yet, but probably somewhere away from here, or at least the city. Afterwards, well, I'll go wherever I want to. But when I'm older I might move back to Long Island, because I do love it here. :slight_smile:

16. RebelD

Bloemfontein has been kind and I have amazing memories here, but it's not going to be my home forever. I will probably move after I finish my studies.

17. timo

Been there, done that. Had to move to another city because I started college. It's been 3 years since I moved and I don't regret it AT ALL. This city is awesome and the freedom of living on your own is worth so much. I don't see myself moving back to the city my parents live in - or even moving back out of this city at all :grin:

18. Sayu

Same case here. But I love my family too much to move. Maybe in the future I would move to a near city, which is a bit bigger and is like 40 miles away, but I'd prefer to stay where I was born and has lived ever since :icon_wink

19. ANightDude

I'm moving out in a month. Kind of hard to believe I'm leaving the state.

20. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I need to move, really. I'll probably live near Los Angeles for a little while longer while I get a job, and earn money and experience, then I figure I'll be able to move somewhere colder, where there's snow. I used to live in Washington, so I might go back there for a while. Besides, I'd like some space and independence.

But I need to move.