1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pet peeves...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laras, Jul 18, 2012.

1. laras

has anyone else noticed this? you would think for two people they would bring 4 vrs 3... one person gets two....

what's one of yours?

2. Mogget

I'm not sure I follow you. 4 vrs 3 what? In what situation?

One of mine is when people don't plan properly before hosting a function or giving a presentation. Especially if it's something they do regularly.

3. Route466

Route466 Guest

I have too many to list, most of which involve my job as a preschool teacher. Example, when the kids are "resting" on their cots and they suddenly grab your legs as you walk by. Or the way children seem to think you're only listening if they're three inches from your face.

Aside from my job, I hate knowing which traffic lights I'm going to catch red, completely based on the ones I manage to get green.

4. laras

lol , 3 vrs 4 breadsticks... so one person gets two and the other one. sorry typing on my phone at dinner and didn't proof read. *blush*

5. Level75

Not LGBT-related:
    hiiiiii! ima boi that dont giv a sh!t bout makin my posts eezy 2 reed lolololololololol .... ol u grammar nazis need 2 pull dat stick up ur @$$ out. ppl dont lik dat cHeErZ!!!!!1 HUGZ!!!eleven!!!!exclamationpoint!! (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

LGBT-related:
    Women that say "I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body!" And they don't mean that in a Transexual sense.

6. LookingGlass

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    People that are unnecessarily or unreasonably rude to me or others.

7. TheDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    People who think they are always right and when they are wrong they won't aknowledge it. I think my dad has a lot to do with that.

8. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Along the lines of hot dog sausages sold in packs of 12 but buns are sold in packs of 8 ? :wink:.

9. Kerploop

Im so confused now.... wut?

10. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People that butcher English by mixing up your, you're, their, there and they're. It's not that difficult.

Also, moron drivers, especially ones that text and drive. It can wait.

11. iBlakexo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -When people walk in without knocking. Or when they don't close the door on the way out, even though it was closed when they came in.
    -When you are doing 105km/h in a 100 zone and people STILL feel the need to overtake you.
    -When groups of people are spread out in a line chatting whilst slowly walking down a footpath/shopping isle and you can't get past them.
    -When people don't put question marks on their questions when texting/Facebooking etc.
    -When people still associate Justin Bieber with his 14 year old self and pay him out for having a bowl cut and high voice.
    -When chefs make seafood marinara and they leave the tails on the shrimp, forcing you to pick them out and take them off.
    -When people fart on purpose and laugh about it.
    -When people refer to transgendered or androgynous people as 'it'.
    -When flies get in through a tiny hole but can't get out through an open window.
    -When Madonna fans and Lady Gaga fans hate on each other.
    -When people poke you on Facebook.

..Wow sorry if that is a lot, i could probably still think of more but i will stop there :lol:

12. Peanuts

I have been a participant in one too many poke wars on Facebook, mainly because my friends will poke me. Then, I feel awkward ignoring it, so I poke them back. Then they poke me back, likely because they too feel awkward ignoring me, and the cycle continues. I have one right now that's been going on for a month already. :eusa_doh:

Anywaaay, on-topic now.

- When people tell me things that I already know or are fairly obvious. Irrational, but it frustrates me.
    - When I ask people where something is and they say, "Over there," while vaguely motioning to a general area. Please be specific; I'm stupid. :tears:
    - People who think they're funny by overusing memes or acting stupid.
    - When women wear nail polish, except natural-looking colors. I've never really liked how nail polish looked. I guess nail art and designs are cool, but it makes fingers and toes look stubby/creepy. I prefer manicures.

#12 Peanuts, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  13. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Amen to that! I'm an English major, so things like that bug the crap out of me. I also hate it when people don't know how to use punctuation and when they put unnecessary spaces before and/or after punctuation. For example: Hi , my name is K .

:tantrum::***::eusa_naug

14. Bolin

I'll tell you a few that apply to the last few days and to a few people:

-Making me drive somewhere in my car even though I feel terrible
    -Not replying to the messages I send you
    -Giving me death glares for merely entering the living room and looking in your general direction
    -Not being appreciative after I drive you everywhere
    -Not taking "no" for an answer and trying to push me into accepting your invitation

-_-

15. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People not tightening the bottle top properly so the soda goes flat in the fridge.

Drivers who do not thank you when you show them courtesy on the road.

Men who shave or women who put on make-up when driving.

People who smoke in my face and think it's OK because we're outside.

Young(er) people who forget that one day they will be old(er) too.

Old(er) people who forget that they were once (young(er) too.

People who make no attempt to stop their babies crying or their children misbehaving.

Being lectured to about morality and justice by people who haven't the first idea what either word means.

Sorry - I'm old(er) so my list just gets longer!:roflmao:

16. SkyDiver

Let's see...

-People who think it's acceptable to drive 10km under the speed limit.
    -People who get mad at you for driving the speed limit, and pass you angrily.
    -Feeling obliged to give rides to people who live wayyyy out of the way.
    -People telling me to "calm down".
    -When someone doesn't say "thank you" in a situation where it's traditionally said.
    -When people talk unnecessarily loud.
    -People saying "I could care less" when in actuality they're TRYING to say "I couldn't care less".
    -Tips at restaurants that are just automatically added on. I shouldn't have to be forced to tip.
    -Walking behind a really slow person.
    -Small talk.
    -When it seems like every single pen around is dry.
    -And homophobes.

17. Rygirl

Off topic, I have a friend who has perfected the art of driving at 30mph in the UK, some of the reactions of the drivers behind her are priceless.

On topic, something that always gets my goat is when people call women's traditional arabic dress a Burka. It is called an Abaya.

18. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Lets see how long this is going to be...
    -Small talk; why talk about petty and miniscule things? Only talk to me if you have something of purpose to say.
    -When you drop your pencil in class and the person next to you sees you trying to reach for it and doesn't get it if it's closer to them and I can't reach it.
    -Plaid shorts. I despise them.
    -People who ask me for gum.
    -People who wear red lipstick. I just hate that color.
    -How you have to ask for ice not to be put in your drinks when you go out to eat.
    -When a picture frame is crooked.
    -When people ask me if I eat animal crackers because I'm a vegetarian.
    -Loud people.
    -Being behind a group of people spread out far and walking extremely slow, making you unable to get around them.
    -Tips. I hate the idea of tips, it's so stupid. Good job for doing your job?
    -People who get mad at other people for driving the speed limit. I'm sorry that we can actually read signs? (Well, I don't yet have my driver's license, so I can't really say we, but once I do, that'd apply to me..)
    -People who are just in honors/AP classes because their parents made them. Go be stupid elsewhere, not in my classes.
    -The "dumb" smart type of person. I'm sure that everyone knows at least one type of this person. You know, the person who's really book-smart but lacks any shred of common sense.
    -Jersey Shore. Need I explain?
    -People who feel the need to shove their bible down my throat for being an atheist or for being gay.
    -People who tell me to be less uptight.
    -Guys who purposely fart and then laugh about it.
    -People who can't be bothered to learn the English language even though they live in an English-speaking country.
    -People who take 20 minutes to text back.
    -People who respond to your walls of text with literally five words.
    -People who can't bother to use correct grammar and then get mad when I correct them.
    -People who mix up your, you're, their, there, and they're. That goes along with the previous thing I listed, but it's just ten times worse, so I thought that I'd list it separately.
    -People who can't be bothered to text out the whole word and say things like omg.
    -People who say stuff like omg or lol when talking.
    -Overly optimistic people.
    -People who, in general, make fun of me. If it's about being a vegetarian, you can bet that I'm planning your death in my mind.
    -Palm trees. They're just such an ugly tree. (I grew up in the north...)
    -Little kids.
    -Little kids who play hockey in the middle of the road. In my old neighborhood there was this bunch of kids who would play hockey and set up their nets not at the end of the road near the sidewalk, but literally in the middle of the road.
    -Parents of said little kids who are watching them and do nothing.
    -People who can't be bothered to get a job at McDonalds or some place like that when a position is open yet complain about not being able to get a job. It's called humility.
    -Romance novels in the check-out line that may well have come from the book machines in 1984. They're just so bland, flavorless, and wishy-washy.
    -People who look at me and say anorexic when in actuality I have a medical condition.
    -Pep rallies. I needn't explain myself here.
    -Warm weather (which constitutes anything above 64 degrees fahrenheit [Don't ask about my random temperature. I have my reasons.]).

Well.. I guess that's it. For now, at least..

19. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Snowy - wow! Your list is big! How long will it be when you're old and wrinkly like me!

Still, there's nothing wrong with having standards, and I agree with you completely about learning to speak the language of the country you live in.

20. SkyDiver

:eusa_clap I agree with almost ALL of those!