1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you had a date to appear straight, and get others to "shut up already!"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

i was almost official, others did say me and him were dating, he had kinda asked me, but i played very hard to get mind games...
    but as he wanted to use me, which could not happen, i did want to consider using him.

my plan: to go camping, skiing, and other fun stuff...maybe eat out, but never kiss or touch each other anyway sexually.

purpose: to show my friends i can date a man, i am just like them, so you can stop gossiping, worrying about my future, and pressuring me to date now! plus added bonus I'm taken so other men nagging me for sex will drop off!

:grin:

only it backfired, i can tell you in pm if ya want that.

so, he was just a prop. and it was before i asked myself if i could be gay too.

anybody else consider or go through with fake dating to get everybody to shut up? how that work out?

2. ANightDude

...I'm so confused right now. What are you getting at exactly?

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a "girlfriend" in first grade. Her name was Lizzie. I knew I didn't like girls, but I picked her to be my cover. She was a nice girl. Our relationship lasted less than a week. But once the other boys saw me with her they were a little nicer to me. She told me about Titanic (because my parents wouldn't let me watch it) and in return I picked her purple (our mutual favorite color) flowers from the field near our playground during recess.

Aside from that, I've never dated anyone. Male or female.

And now that I'm out, I don't think I'd have to have a "girlfriend" to shake off suspicion. Except for maybe one case in particular, but that's another story. Seeing as how I've put in the effort of coming out, I wouldn't want to go back into the closet unless my life were in jeopardy or something - so I doubt I'll be needing a prop girlfriend.

4. Deaf Not Blind

^ yep. I aint gonna do it ever again. And it could have been worse.
    but even telling people at work i liked a guy, they got nicer to me. i just had to play a girl.

i don't think id recommend any young person try it though. cuz even though it can get straights to shut up and be more kind, it is not really ethical to lie, especially to yourself.

if i HAD liked him, it would only been a good test of my sexuality, but not having attraction to a person it is wrong. even if they were doing same to you.

Thanks for sharing BC.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah... I had a boyfriend..

I broke up with him on on year anniversary. It felt awkward for me to hold hands with him and we never kissed while we"dated".

This happened during my freshman year of high school.. so I was still in very deep denial.

6. Naren

Never had the problem, as I'm a lesbian transgender. Hehe, one good thing about it.