1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I put an offer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by allyson, Jul 19, 2012.

1. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I put an offer on a house today,put a $185,000 offer on a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house I fell in love with.I took a tour of the house,already renovated.It was the kitchen I liked first and has room since I love to cook and bake.I loved the backyard too.lots of room to entertain having family and friends over.The other was the garage,tons of room to store my 1967 Chrysler Imperial and 2012 Dodge Challenger.I liked it so much I put the offer on it and did the paperwork,The couple selling the house comes back on Monday and hopefully I get it.I knew it was time,I rented most of my life and the lease on the apartment I am living in is pretty close to ending and I wanted to own my own home

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! That's great :slight_smile:

3. SunSparks

:O Amazing! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure you will enjoy your new home throughout the entire space. :slight_smile:

4. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats. Hope you get it.

5. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the only one that put an offer on this house so far.I looked at other houses,was not impressed,either needed tons of work or would of costed me money for repairs.

6. Naren

Nice! Are you post-op? Just wondering.

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! I hope that you get the house!!

8. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live 24/7 as a woman since I was 15,chances are I will get the house told by the real estate agent selling for the couple.

9. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here is the update,I got it and excited.The couple selling the house came home Friday morning and thought it over saying yes to my offer.Wanted $187,000.00 for it and knew dropping two grand off the offer was not a loss.I got the call on my lunch break and we sign papers on Tuesday morning.It has been inspected,no problems and everything looks great.It will be paid in full,I save money up with winnings I won 2 years ago.I met the couple,nice people and said I will enjoy it.There was an offer for $170,000 on Thursday by someone else,the couple rejected it saying it was too low.Contacted my landlord last night and he knew my lease on the apartment is up very close.Giving me my security deposit back since he knew I kept it clean and never damaged it.

10. King

King Guest

Wow, that's awesome! Congrats Allyson :slight_smile:

11. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks and the keys will be handed to me on Tuesday morning.Probally will move in on Thursday.Plus my landlord has someone already signed up for the lease on the apartment I am in,told him I am moving out on Thursday.The basement is finished,my plans are to put a bar in one spot.I plan on having my family and friends over next weekend to let them see my new home.

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!

13. starfish

Wow that is quick.

I guess not getting a mortgage speeds things up. Having a paid for house will really reduce your living expenses.

14. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The couple ended up coming back early because of the offer I put down and their daughter in law was about to give birth to thier 5th grandchild.I saved the money up and know money does not grow on trees.The couple sold their house because they built a new one they are now living in and decided to sell their old house.My adoptive father is glad my 1967 Chrysler Imperial and 2012 Dodge Challenger are going to be out of his pull barn finally.My Imperial is a big "boat" taking up space.Has two garages,a 20 ft by 30 ft pull barn in the back and a garage attached to the house with my 2010 Dodge Charger and 2011 Ram pickup will be in,my daily drivers.

15. starfish

Wow an Imperial, Charger, and a Ram. I take it you're a Mopar gal.

What engine does the Imperial have?

16. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    440 the Imperial has and I am a mopar fanatic,I always liked the Chrysler products although my adoptive parents like GMs and are cool about it.Yes the Ram,Charger and Challenger have the Hemi.Luckily the sellers were at the house this morning,they left a few things the wife of the couple left there: her cell phone and a pair of her favorite shoes.My adoptive parents said nice place saw coming over to see the house and said they would help me move on Thursday.

17. starfish

440 Nice.

I've always joked that it is a good thing I don't live in a house. Otherwise I'd be running Starfish's home for wayward cars. I've really got a bug for the new Dodge Dart, but I don't need 3 cars.

ANyway back to the house. How many bedrooms? 1 story? How much land? Sounds like it might have a fair amount of land.

18. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    5 acres,3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.Signed the papers yesterday handed the money over and handed the keys to me.Move tommorrow and very excited.Met my new neighbors and pretty much kind.My adoptive father and mother plan on helping out tommorrow including friends.