1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender Beauty Pageant.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Silvails52, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Silvails52

Okay, I got this picture on my wall. It's called The Miss Ladyboy Pageant and is held in Thailand. It's for transgenders (MtF). I think they all look so much better than all of the girls I see around here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Can you spot the man? - Funtasti

Follow the link!

2. IrisM

They are all quite beautiful and must have had to work quite hard to look so good. I am happy for them. ^^

3. spellbound

spellbound Guest

they are all so beautifyl

4. FJ Cruiser

Transwomen are almost completely accepted in Thai society, which I think is really cool.

5. fireworks

fireworks Guest

They are incredibly pretty, it really warms my heart to see transpeople like this, accepted and comfortable and happy :slight_smile:

Another thing I have to be grateful to EC for- before I joined, I simply could not understand, nor could I empathise with transgenderism. You guys have really opened my eyes O_O <3

6. IrisM

*Hugs* The world is a wide and beautiful place filled with many things that don't seem clear at first glance. It warms my heart to hear you say that. ^^

7. DanA

Aw, its nice to see pictures like those... my only problem is the caption:

"It's a trick question... all of them are guys."

No, wrong... none of them are guys and they have never been guys. That always irks me when I see stories with things like "he used to be a women" or "these are all guys." I just want to be like, "you have no idea how non-cisgendered works, do you?"

8. Silvails52

That sort of bugged me too, not to mention the translation of the pageant is the Miss Ladyboy.

9. DanA

Ick, how disrespectful.

I'm not trans, so I really don't know but I'd imagine that's not a label one would want assigned to them... although, I've learned to take the word "faggot" and make it my own, so who knows.

10. seeksanctuary

While I think it's neat, there's a few things here I'd like to point out.

1. First of all, "spot the man"? They're "all men"? Uhm, no. If they are MTF, then they are women. Transwomen, but still women.

2. Trans* people aren't THAT well accepted in Thailand. They're more accepted than in, say, the USA... but there's still a long way to go.

3. "Ladyboy" isn't the same as "MTF". It can be insulting, but "ladyboys" are like a group unto themselves.

Kathoey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gender identities in Thailand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So using the term "ladyboy" isn't exactly wrong, depending on context. The context of that link (in the OP) does make me wonder, though.

11. DanA

Oi, I'm so ignorant on other cultures sometimes... not a good trait for a history major >.>

But yeah, maybe it's because I got the same vibe from that link.