1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open Mic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by XtReMeEnIgMa247, Jul 19, 2012.

1. XtReMeEnIgMa247

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just recently, I started doing open mics. So far they've been going really well, despite that I've been dead nervous. It was too long since I last got in front a mic. I did a few Celine songs (Power of Love, My Love, The Reason) and Heart's Alone for my first one and everyone there seemed to be really into it. Even the manager popped in for a bit and I could tell that he was quite moved by my performance. I always say that it's hard to impress people, but somehow I'm impressing these people very easily. I performed a few songs from Celine's new Las Vegas show (Open Arms, All B Myself, Nobody Does It Better/Goldfinger and My Heart Will Go On) for my second one and I found it went a lot beter than the first one. It's an experience I'll never forget and I plan on doing more of this in the future.

2. SkyDiver

Wow, that's awesome!!! Good for you. I would be way too nervous to do that.

3. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Open mics are pretty awesome. There's one at a coffeehouse I go to a lot in my college's town. It's mostly dominated by poets, and the poetry is usually really moving. It has inspired me to read a couple of original poems, and both times, they went down really well.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! :grin:

It takes balls to stand up there at an open mic.

The only place near me that has one is a tiny cafe in town. Seeing as how I worked there for four days and quit abruptly, I'm reluctant to go back and give their open mic night a shot. It's normally exclusively local singers that show up anyways, so I'm not sure my jokes would go over that well.

But again, kudos to you for doing so well!!