1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you know/came out to the first person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BajanBoy13, Jul 20, 2012.

1. BajanBoy13

So when did you first realise that you where gay/bi/anything other?

I guess for me was when I was 13 and I came out to my cousin a few months later.

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew before I was 10 but didn't know what to call it. When I was 10, one of the boys was talking about "homos" which made us all laugh because there was a brand of washing-powder called "OMO". I'm afraid I had to ask what a homo was and when he explained, I remember thinking to myself, "That's me."

I didn't have contact with anyone until I was 12 or 13, with a boy my age who lived 2 doors away. We used to skip school together quite a lot and hang out at his house. We fooled around a couple of times, but it wasn't a relationship. We both enjoyed it, though!

He later became a police officer and got married, I left home and went to university.

His name was Chris and he is the reason I LOVE red hair! Makes me go all wobbly inside.

I suppose it's true to say that I was interested in taking things further, but I respected his not wanting to and enjoyed hanging out with him anyway.

3. SunSparks

For me, I never really heard of the word 'gay' until I moved to America (where I lived, homophobia is everywhere and to be gay is punishable by law), and even in elementary school, it was likely mentioned, but because I was so new here, there were a lot of words that I didn't know and didn't bother to learn. It was evident that I was gay in elementary school but since sexuality was no where to be found on my mind during that time, I never considered my sexuality. By middle school, a time where I really began to change - not just the normal way but in all ways - with 'health' class and things, I knew I was different... didn't quite think that I was gay but different. By the end of middle school and beginning of high school, I absolutely knew I was. And throughout high school, as I looked back to my childhood, I've recognized so many different signs pointing to it. I'm still not out but, soon to be :slight_smile:

4. GayJay

I think i kinda realized and made sense of it when i started high school that i liked girls So age 11/12. I knew i was always different(being trans) but was able to understand what everything was until i was about 14.
    I didn't tell anyone i liked girls until i was 15, then came out to everyone at 16. As for coming out as trans i'm still working on that one.

5. Kyllani

I knew when I was 10 or 11, but didn't know anything about being gay/bi/trans/etc. I had the biggest crush on Claire Danes when she was on My So Called Life, but I didn't really understand it until I moved to a bigger city, got to high school, and found a group of gay and gay-friendly friends. I didn't tell anyone until I was around 16 or 17.

6. Peanuts

Oh boy, I was the gayest child ever. I think I started to realize my attraction to girls at 10/11, but I was so in denial until the summer of last year, when I was 14. I had crushes on girls throughout my childhood and still somehow convinced myself that I was straight until then. I've accepted myself since, though.

I haven't come out to anyone yet but I'm planning to later this year. I'm giving myself a deadline so I don't put it off and end up completely in the closet until college. c:

7. Silvails52

Little more complicated than just telling her I was gay. I told her about my first crush on a guy (this was just this past December), hoping to make some sense of it. It grew from there, and I kept her updated.

8. secretguyX

I realized I liked girls around April/May of 2010, after just turning 12. I went back and forth from if I was gay or bisexual for quite a while, even after I had come out to somebody. But the first person (my friend) I came out to December 1, 2011, about a year and a half after realizing it.

9. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, I really don't know my exact age when I came to the realization that I wasn't straight.

But I just told my professor in a paper yesterday.

10. redstormrising

it really dawned on me exactly a year ago today, though in retrospect i probably should have figured it out sooner. and apparently i am not good at keeping secrets from my family, since i told mom, dad, and sister the same day LOL

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would say that I realized that I was attracted to the same sex 3 or four years ago. I did not come out to my first person until about a year ago. I sent her a facebook message because I was scared to tell her face to face. I knew that she would be ok with it though.

12. aoibynay

Out Status:
    All but family
    Well to be honest, I still haven't come to anyone other than my ex boyfriend but he probably doesn't remember since I never said anything about it afterwards.

I think I figured it out earlier this year what I truly was and like many others I didn't know what it was called and had all of these conflicted feelings when I found myself to be attracted to one of my best girl friends last year but kept denying it because I considered myself straight. This also happened with a few other girls I had crushes on back in middle school but that's another story. So anyway, when my friends and I went to an anime convention last year I met one of the friends of my friend who was a trans*man and I had to admit that I did have a little crush on him but sadly he had a girlfriend at the time so I couldn't flirt with him too much while we were there. After a while, I finally came to terms with myself a few months ago that I am a panromantic heterosexual and proud of it!

13. julia

I just realized last summer, so about a year ago. Oh and I came out to my family about three months ago.

#13 julia, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  14. allyson

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I knew when I was 3 years old that I was born the wrong gender transgendered,always felt that I was a girl.Came out to my bio parents when I was 15 and they rejected me also kicking me out.

15. timo

I was the most ignorant kid ever, did some questioning around 16 but decided I couldn't be gay cause I never had a crush on a guy (but neither did I have one on a girl). Few years later, around my 21st birthday, I had another period of questioning followed by the realization I'm actually gay, and about a year after that (april 2012) I told someone for the first time.

16. Dasc Crescent

I knew when I was 13, Still remember it perfectly, was reading a comic involving a gay couple, and thought that maybe I am gay, I mean I always stood up for the idea, even though i never knew one, and there was that one time at a school camp I wont go into.
    but I didn't want to be against the bible, so I just said to myself, why cant I like both? (I had never heard of bis before) so i went to a friend and said I think i might be half gay, and she said "so your bi?" "no, i like guys and girls" "Um, that's bi" and it went on from there, and the next day i told my sister, who kinda saw it coming, she was the one that gave me the comic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    the rest of that year was a complete waste and everything that happened is now irrelevant and i went backwards pretty far, so the next year I started over completely, hiding from almost everyone, but eventually my best friend found out, luckily he is cool with it, and well, here I am now, 2 years later, pretty much completely out :3