1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you still eat at Chick-Fil-A?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runallday4, Jul 20, 2012.

?

Will you still eat at Chick-Fil-A?

1. Yes

14.6%
  2. No

7.9%
  3. I already don't eat there

77.5%
  1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

This popular restaurant chain has admitted to donating money to various anti-gay groups. I don't live near any of them, and I've only eaten here once, but the food was pretty good I must admit. Do you plan on boycotting them, or will you continue eating there.

2. Fiddledeedee

I barely ever eat at places like that anyway, because I don't care much for fast food. I eat there even less, since I'm in Britain. If, however, I'm on a road trip in America and the only convenient place to stop for lunch is Chick-Fil-A, then I'll go there. If there's a choice, I may avoid it, but I don't think it's that big an issue about whether one teenager eats at one restaurant. Gay stuff isn't the be-all and end-all; food is important too! :wink:

3. Zontar

4. SunSparks

Never did, never will. Theres one in a mall nearby, but still, I never am in the mood for the food they have there so :slight_smile:

5. TheAMan

I'll boycott for awhile but I'll still eat there.

6. Mogget

Don't have any up here, and even if we did, I don't eat at fast food places that don't have good vegetarian options.

7. Kyllani

I don't have any around where I live, but I definitely won't be eating there while I'm visiting my parents down south.

8. FJ Cruiser

I've known about their anti-gay stance for years, but ideals be damned, their chicken is addictive and they have very friendly employees. In my observation, anti-gay groups simply preach to the choir anyway, so I feel like any money of mine that has gone there (not a big fan of fast food) has been canceled out by my own furthering of our cause as well as most large companies having pro-gay stances.

9. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Na, I never liked their food anyway

10. TraceElement

I already don't eat there, since there isn't one in my state that I know of.

11. Paper Heart

12. Emberblaze

Imma do my best to not eat there! Hell, their prices are too high anyways ^^

13. Level75

Not that I ever have. But nope, not happening.

14. Gen

Gen

I have to agree. In my opinion its really no different than the Million Moms boycotting orea brand snacks. Personally, I dont see a point in boycotting a company because you dont agree with they political or moral stand point on certain topics. If would be different if the company was a small candy store in the country. But they are multimillion dollar corporations. Oreo is not going to lose any sleep because of, what a few hundred "moms", swearing off their cookies. It would all amount to all of a few thousand dollars which is essientially nothing in their position.

Now I'm all one, for standing up for ones morals and such. If you wish to complain to companies that are anti-gay than by all means. However, its really only you that would know that you are just "boycotting". They arent going to know, if you didnt buy that milkshake because of their view on gay rights. So if its just a "boycott" without actually voicing ones opinions than its really pointless.

And as Cruiser said the people there are very kind and respectfull. I highly doubt the majority of their employees are anti-gay, but Chick-Fil-A was founded by mormans. It supports the morman church, who is mainly anti-gay. They are also closed on sundays lol.

15. Gallatin

Once I found out about their anti-gay stance a while back, I stopped eating there. I think I'm coming up on a year soon without Chick-fil-A.

Now, supposedly they're building one at my uni, so my resolve might be significantly tested if that's the case. But for now I'm successfully boycotting.

16. IrisM

I've never seen one, and to be completely honest, I prefer my own home cooking over fast food. I want chicken, I make my own chicken. I want a pizza, I make my own pizza. That said, I would never intentionally give money to any hate supporting organization.

17. secretguyX

Never ate there, never will. There's none close to me anyways. But I won't support any hate spreading organization, no matter what it's against.

18. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

I've refused to eat there ever since I learned that they are overtly Christian, but I didn't advocate that others stop eating there. After learning about their donations to anti-gay candidates, I've encouraged others to stop eating there, too.

19. Beachboi92

i never really ate there but i never will after what i have heard. On-top of the fact that they spend all this money supporting anti-gay groups i've heard of multiple friends being denied jobs there because they are lgbtq. Part of the interview process apparently asks a lot of personal questions and if your personal life doesn't line up with what they think it should be they won't hire you.

as for people who say it doesn't matter i would employ you to reconsider. Each and every person counts, that is the only way that boycotts are effective. The apathy towards what a single person can contribute to social change can be very damaging. It's going to be each and every person that can boycotting the product to make a change with the company. If they lose money they may reconsider their stance or at the very least less profit is funneled back to take away the rights of you and others, not to mention how much probably finds its way to places like reparative therapy clinics.

At the end of the day you may still choose to eat there but by doing so you are directly choosing to contribute money to anti-gay organizations that take away your rights, the rights of others, and cause permanent damage to lgbtq people and our community. Simply remember whenever you buy that 7 dollar chicken sandwich money from it is being used to oppress you and those around you. Or you could not pretend blindly like you are not contributing to something that probably goes against your moral character and buy a mcchicken for a buck, or better make some good healthy food at home.

20. SkyDiver

I will make a point to avoid it if I ever see one while in the States.