1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Wedding

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Stonkle, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Stonkle

Out Status:
    Some people
    Me and my friends were having a discussion during the reception of our other friend's wedding about what ours would be like. Some ranged from pleasantly traditional to wildly unconventional. There wasn't any real difference between the weddings of my straight friends or gay friends. (Apparently, me and my future wife will have a steampunk wedding which involves immediately bungy jumping after the the ceremony. Not sure I'd be able to go through that, but it's still definitely on my list)

Even though gay marriage isn't completely legal throughout the world yet, I was wondering that if you did happen to get married, what type of wedding would you have? The style, the location, the level of complication/simplicity, etc. And if you already have gotten married, how was it like.

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If i get married, the wedding will be a relatively quiet affair, with none of the usual pomp and ceremony. Just friends and fun.

3. EarthIntruder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't want to get married. I don't wanna be trapped

4. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I plan to do what my parents did, which is to get married by a justice of the peace, with one witness for each of us, in a courthouse or city hall, wherever those kinds of things go down. Then with all the money we saved by not having a boring, stuffy ol' wedding, we'll throw a party to celebrate, complete with a music playlist that combines his favorite music and my favorite music, with casual attire (I despise fancy attire).

5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perfect!!!

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I'd want it to be centered around her. Anything she wants, she should have. She deserves to have everything... Just not a ton of people suffocating us, but definitely not a small reception. And our honeymoon would probably be somewhere in Europe... <3

7. SunSparks

Honestly, I never quite thought about it. All I know that if it was to happen, it has to be outside on a beautiful day in the sun, next to an open sea and sky. Oooo, maybe on some cliffs. Sounds like a dream to me :slight_smile:

8. Ally

Ally Guest

We'd call out sick from work and sneak off to city hall and get married on a random weekday.

I feel that big fancy weddings are a crazy waste of money, and I have many friends who have put themselves in ridiculous debt going through all of that.

I care more about the person and the marriage than I do about the showy affair.

But, dudes, we'd throw one hell of a party afterward to celebrate.

9. FJ Cruiser

I was totally thinking something like this. At the very most, the ceremony is going to be an outdoor thing, pretty casual, with our closest friends and family. Ideally it would be followed up by an awesome extended adventure around the world.

#9 FJ Cruiser, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  10. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not gonna spend a ton of money on some fancy wedding. That itself, I'm fine doing at a courthouse or wherever. There will be some awesome partying afterwards, though.

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest I have a lot of weighing back and forth of what I want. To be married at Wizarding World of Harry Potter would be a dream as that was my childhood. But same time, I feel my mother may not necessarily want me to "display my homosexuality" in a marriage. So honestly I'm just not sure what I want to do.

12. Atticus

This. Just this.

I don't really want to get married, but my dog would be involved (he was at my dad's wedding too) and there are these really awesome Marauder's Map wedding invites, and I would love to use those. There would be a lot of Alt Rock playing too. Maybe some dramatic Disney scores. It wouldn't make any sense at all, but that's how I roll.

13. SkyDiver

I would love a very simple and very cheap wedding with 15-25 guests.

In the Rocky Mountains. It would follow a hike up to a pretty valley with a lake. :grin:
    [​IMG]

#13 SkyDiver, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  14. Aldrick

I've actually done some planning on my future wedding, even though I have no one to marry - yet. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I haven't decided everything, but some of the more important things I've already picked out.

For example, I've already picked out the song for the first dance. I want to dedicate it to everyone who lived in a time when marriage equality didn't even seem possible, and those who struggled for equality but didn't make it to see that dream come true. That is very important to me. I was inspired by this video montage.

Wow. I'm turning into one of -those- people. If I show up with a wedding scrapbook on the first date, what are the chances of me getting a second date? :icon_razz :lol:

"Sorry, I can feel my biological clock ticking. If I don't get married before thirty-five, I'm totally going to turn into that crazy bitch from the Hand That Rocks the Cradle. So, I want you to take a look at this scrapbook I made for our wedding... hey wait. Where are you going? Come back! I haven't even discussed the floral arrangements!" :lol:

15. Night Rain

This.

And these.
    :grin:

16. Neutrality

I think I'd rather save money on the wedding, but then have an amazing like 2 week honeymoon with all the money we saved. =)

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the one good thing about me when it comes to a wedding is I know how to plan one. I took a course in wedding planning and got 99% on it. Now obviously theoretical vs practical are two different things, but at least budget wise, I'd probably be able to do fairly well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. timo

This. If I ever get married I wouldn't care about the wedding reception itself, just make that as quick as possible but with the money I save on not having something ridiculous we will have a sick party afterwards.

19. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to get married, but I get really bad anxiety at just the thought of being the center of attention, so I don't think I could ever have a proper wedding. The idea of just have two witnesses in a court house sounds like a good one, but my Dad has quite a big family (he has 5 sisters) who are all very 'involved' and it would probably cause a lot of grief if somebody had a wedding and didn't invite anyone. It's all very complicated, and not something I need to think about for a good decade yet.

20. mischa91

i LOVE the world of harry potter idea, yup, i'd want to do it there :slight_smile:

I also really don't want to have a fancy big wedding it just seems like such a hassle and waste of money, so small affair. Probably fancy attire though, i love getting all dressed up, maybe not in a dress, maybe a nice suit though. Then instead of a party (i really dislike big parties) everyone could go on roller coasters in formal wear.