1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think my mom knows...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Wired106, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Wired106

Ok I just felt like talking about this on the forums. I was hanging out downstairs getting something to eat today and my mom came down too and was talking to me and said that some kid from my sisters school wants to meet me and hang out with me tomorrow because he does track like me and stuff like that. Then my brother comes down and yells out ya and hes gay nathan (my name). and my mom was like shut up. and i didnt say anything just like laughed.

Anyways, I've noticed my mom and brother and dad kinda acting different to me and being like super nice about stuff especially my mom. Shes been taking me shopping a ton and we've been going out to lunch and stuff a LOT, as if shes trying to get me to admit it I guess. I know for a fact that if I told my family that I was gay theyd be perfectly fine with it, especially my mom and dad. My dad grew up in San Francisco first of all and theres a lot of that stuff going on there and he supports all that stuff. What do you guys think I should do? Should I just tell like my mom? Also, my mom knows more stuff that anyone. She was the person I talked to when me and my best friend stopped talking to each other and I was like really sad for 2 months but just started getting over it. I think my mom knows but im not sure. Anyways, what do you guys think I should do? :eusa_doh:

2. biisme

if you think she'd be okay with it, and she seems to alreaddy kno, i say, go for it!

3. TyraBanksIsFierce

Milk it for all its worth - FREE STUFF

4. SkyTears

You're mom sounds cooler than mine. My mom is fine with it but she acts as though I never told her anything, she just now doesn't bug me aout girls. I think you should tell her if you wish. That way you can be more open with your fmaily about yourself. If you do tell her don't forget to give us an update.

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I say............TELL HER! She sounds like an awesome person and won't it be nice to be free and open with her????

6. Grof142007

i Agree with this but

Since it all line up and everyone would be cool with it I say go head and come out but no rush you will know when it right

7. Nodnarb

Wired, that is EXACTLY how my parents have been acting since I came out to them last weekend(has it only been a week?!?). They're both acting really nice and being all concerned and stuff(they still think I'm depressed, but I assured them I'm not...but, whatever). Its actually kind of bugging me...I don't want to be treated any differntly because I'm gay, but....whatever.(am I a teenager or what?) I'm just waiting for mom to start asking what guys I like...that is going to be awkward for me, but I know its coming. Mom is just like that...

Anyways, to get on topic, it sounds to me like they know already, and would obviously be fine with it. If you feel you're ready, I'd say tell her. I've enjoyed the week I've been open with my parents, and it feels great when you do finally tell someone, especially a parent.

8. trumpetkid23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    TELL HER!!!! It really sounds like you've got the best situation going for you here. Take advantage of it!

9. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell her. It sounds like you've got really supportive parents and that's great.

10. Wired106

lol thanks for your support guys. I think i might try telling her, but im not sure when. Im so nervous its not even funny. lol also btw Dylan, my mom would act the act way if I told her that I was gay lol. Shed ask me what kind of guys I like and stuff. Also, I was just talking to my mom in her room like 5 minutes ago because I talk to her sometimes at night just about random stuff and I want to buy the new apple macbook air and she said she wasnt sure if I should get that one because she said I should get the macbook because the air doesnt have a disc drive or anything, then I told her that it would be cool showing people it at school lol and then she said you gotta stop acting like that, and I told her what do you mean?, I am different from everyone at school, and thats when she said you gotta stop acting like your some celebirty and your better than everyone, then I told her thats not what I meant! i didnt tell her this part- but what I really meant is im actually different from everyone else because Im gay and I can just tell I'm different and I don't liek sports too much and I like shopping and stuff. Thats what I meant by it. and she thought I meant that I was better than everyone else... which is completely wrong and I just said im gonna go watch a movie... and left. :dry: . I want to tell my mom but I'm like nervous about it and worried. I gotta think about this a lot. :icon_sad:

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You could write her a letter if you are scared to say it face to face.

12. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Only tell her if you feel the time is right, and you're comfortable with it, and you know you're not going to regret it. But since your mum appears to be one of those people who's ok with it, I say go for it! But no pressure. Do it in your own time. I'm still waiting lol!

13. lostinthought9

go for it!! shes gonna find out sooner or later, right? plus you and your mom seem really close, so she would probably be ok with it.....good luck :slight_smile: and tell us how it goes.....

14. Alexander

It sounds like she knows. Just start a conversation about someone like "wow! did you know so-and-so was gay?!?! I never would have guessed!" or something just to see what her reaction is. She might even ask YOU if you're gay. Sounds like she'd be OK with it.

15. jroakwood

totally do it.
    tell her.

if i knew my parents were supportive, i would.

tell us how it goes. :slight_smile:

16. Tyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You know Beckyg is always right...

Your mom does sound like she might suspect something, and sounds very cool about it. I would tell her.

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Tyler, please come tell my husband that. :slight_smile:

18. Alexander

haha! lolz

19. xTrentonJamesx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tell your mother.
    She seems like she'll be okay with it.
    Actually, if she's being nicer - she's probably really happy that you're gay.

So just get it out there, and over with so you can sit there, knowing that you don't have to keep a secret, any longer.

Or - have fun with it, and wait till they crack.
    Wait till they ask you, if you are. :wink:
    Make them go insane. Ahah.

20. Wired106

O god lol. I've been reading all these postings from everyone and so far everyones said go for it, and tell us how it goes lol. If only it were that easy lol. I'll tell her but I'm really not sure when. Hopefully really soon, but I have to make sure shes in a really good mood and everything.