1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being outwardly gay in public

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AshenAngel, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Gay in Public?

1. I don't show my orientation with my partner in public

22.7%
  2. My partner and I hold hands

45.5%
  3. My partner and I kiss

25.0%
  4. Other/tell me in post:)

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

What have you and your partner done in public (ex. hold hands) and what reactions did you get?

#1 AshenAngel, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  2. SteelCityGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just touching and hugging...since we don't act femme and we act more like typical jocks, people just assume it was 2 guys being like bros/friends...only difference is we had a lustly look in our eyes, and some people seemed to pick up on it...some gave us odd looks and some didn't seem to care at all, it also depends on the area as well if I'm in the Gay Village in Toronto no one will bat a eyelash unlike in the suburbs...

3. GayJay

I act totally natural in public with me girlfriend and we always hold hands and kiss sometimes. We get dirty looks and sly comments especially from girly girls in town or slags is probably a better name for them tbh. And we get stared at a lot but we always just laugh at the person and they seem to turn around then.

4. Pain

Pain Guest

Usually he and I haven't done anything outside of a movie theater, but we once walked out holding hands, and on a recent excursion we held hands in public, and we touched each other quite often, and I sat on the arm of a chair and played with his hair and held his head close to me :love:

5. aeva

It depends on where we are and who we're with. If we were in a church then no (who knows why), we would not be physical at all. If we were with my family, we may hold hands, but nothing else would happen. If we were hanging out with friends, I wouldn't think twice about it.

6. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't do anything in public with my boyfriend that could imply we're together. For one, I'm too afraid someone I know will see me. But perhaps even more than that I'd feel completely awkward.
    My boyfriend tries to hold hands sometimes, like when we're at the park, or at the movie theater.. but I just can't :frowning2:
    I really hope some day I'll have the balls to do stuff like that in public, though.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't apply now as I don't have a partner. But one of my bfs I held hands with wherever we went. Mall, park, w/e. But then every bf after that more or less did nothing. I'm still unsure right now about the future with a partner :S Cause it seems like it might just be safer not to.

8. SkyDiver

If I DID have a boyfriend, I would not be afraid to hold hands with him in public. But probably nothing more than that.

9. Gen

Gen

Well when I go to the out with my imaginary boyfriend we are just all over each
    other. ^(^_^)^

So I'm sure we can tell I picked other :C. But I did pick other because I wouldnt really care with the fact that it was with a guy. I'm a very open person(meaning personality wise not just orientation), but I also am very tactful and proper so even if it was a girl I wouldnt be licking her face off in public. So I wouldnt feel confortable getting to personal or making out with someone in public, however, simple touching or hand holding isnt a issue with me.

10. Catkin

I voted other, since I'd have to actually be going out with someone to answer properly. But honestly, I seriously doubt I'd even be able to hold someone's hand, let alone kiss in public. At the moment I still flinch when my friends try and hug me.:icon_sad:

11. not now because im single but in the past ive held hands and had the occasional kiss, but nothing ott. even if i wasnt gay and got 0 people staring it would still be the same as im not big on pda anyway...

people do stare, sometimes.
    people shout things, sometimes.
    do i ever see those people again? no so it doesnt bother me.

12. Hot Pink

I would be personally willing to hold hands and kiss in public--nothing too hot, though, just like peck kisses and stuff.

13. cscipio

I've never been a PDA kind of person to begin with - if I ever did date a guy, I'd probably not display much in public just because I'm a prude, not necessarily because I'm embarassed....though, I would be because I'm still working on acceptance....

14. TheAMan

I've never had a boyfriend before but if I did, I probably wouldn't do any PDA at first. I'd eventually get myself comfortable enough to do it though.

15. Caoimhe Fayre

Exactly!!! In my head, I am kissing and/or cuddling with my girl EVERYWHERE!! :eusa_danc

...Seriously, though, I think it would depend on who I end up dating. If I end up dating a girl who is closeted, well, then we probably won't have a lot of PDAs for that reason. If she's out, though, then I plan to kiss her as often as possible and never mind the stares! :slight_smile: but I don't really have anyone right now and that's something that would take a team effort to decide, so I can't answer for sure...

16. King

King Guest

Like cscipio, I'm not much of a PDA kind of person. Even in private, I just know I wouldn't like cuddling and being all up in each others "grill". I'm sure I'd be kind of touchy, and like 'guide' my boyfriend with my hand but I wouldn't kiss or hold hands. Hugging, sure...
    It'll be amusing to see how everything works out, eh?

King x

17. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well... it depends on the people around us. I'm out of the closet but I still feel awkward expressing my gayness to certain people, and that's when I'm more low-key on the PDA. And definitely, if the person I'm dating is closeted then we wouldn't do anything in public. But otherwise, even then the farthest we'd go is hugging, maybe a quick kiss. I don't know, I just feel awkward when "love" and "public" come together. lol

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just wish this world were a better place for me and a future boyfriend to be able to hold hands. I mean what if we're walking with our future kids and they see a mom, dad and kids walking and ask us why don't we hold hands? It just frustrates me...

19. bubblesh204

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neither me nor my girlfriend are too much into PDA. I dont mind hugging or holding hands but also considering that I'm not completely out yet and it seems like my parents know everyone we generally dont do any form of PDA..

20. Vernox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not sure if I could hold hands with a future boyfriend in public. I might after time, but it would take balls. It's the whole acceptance thing, you know.

But in private, I would love to be close to him.