Empty Closets Coming Out Resources and a Safe Place to Chat
Welcome Forum Chat Room Resources News Members

Go Back   Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out > General Chat > Chit Chat

Chit Chat General discussion of topics of interest to LGBT people of all ages.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Snowy

Tournaments Won: 75

Body Hair

I, personally, hate my body hair, to the point of shaving my legs. Anyone else?
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Older and (none the) wiser...

Orientation: Gay
Out Status: This cat is out of the bag - I mean closet

Re: Body Hair

In my opinion: Why hate it? It hasn't done anything to me. I'm way to lazy to even begin trying to shave it off. I've got a fairly even coating of light, soft hair. Plus most of my body hair is blonde/light brown, so it isn't too noticeable from afar.

I kind of like it. It's sexy. I find totally hairless people reminiscent of prepubescent individuals, which is sort of a turn off for me.

But it's your body, your hair, so who am I to stand in the way.
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:34 PM   #3

Orientation: GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Out Status: Most people.

Me too! I don't mind it on other people, I just don't think it fits me well. It's funny though, because it doesn't bother me that much on other people. Basically the only thing I envy about females is that society thinks they shouldn't have any body hair :P
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Ukeme

Out Status: All but family

I only shave my legs when I'm on lifeguard duty and I've got my legs hanging out all day, but If it didn't take as much time as it does I would do it more.
vyvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Well Known

Out Status: Out to everyone

I love my body hair. I love the fact that I can look into the mirror while wearing my work uniform to see browny blonde hairs growing just above the neck line. I love my stomach hair, my arm hair, my armpit hair. I just love it all.
brocub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 04:48 PM   #6
Well Known

Out Status: (Almost) anyone who cares

I'm not a fan of body hair on me nor on other guys, but I don't hate it. Luckily for me, I have little body hair, and the one on my arms is blond and thin, so it's barely noticable.
Fumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 05:36 PM   #7
EC Addict

Out Status: Everyone but my parents, pretty much.

I love body hair on other guys, but I'm now 17 and starting to feel the weight of the responsibilities that shaving brings. There's a happy trail growing on my novel and expanding quickly over my abdomen, and some chest hair is starting to grow. I will never shave them, but sometimes it feels funny to have it, you know? Like a reminder that I can't go back to childhood anymore.
GingerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Snowy

The thing for me is that I have red hair, which makes me pale, which of course makes the hair on my legs stand out more. Well, it's more of an auburn tinge, so it makes my leg hair look kind of brown. Brown leg hair + pale legs = bad looking.. I also don't mind it on other guys, just myself. Well, it depends. I'd prefer them to have a medium to low amount of leg hair.. too much kind of turns me off.
Old 24th Jul 2012, 06:37 PM   #9
keep on keepin' on.

Orientation: I have caught 'the gay'
Out Status: Out to (nearly) everyone

It looks better on some guys more than others. There are very few cases where I'd be distinctly of the opinion that that guy needs to have/not have body hair.

Personally, I don't mind mine too much. There are bits I definitely don't think look good, but then there are others I really like. I'm not one for manscaping, so I pretty much leave it the way it is.

Note: I absolutely hated my body hair while growing up/during puberty (even though most of it didn't hit till the last year or two).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerGuy View Post
but sometimes it feels funny to have it, you know? Like a reminder that I can't go back to childhood anymore.
Agreed.
BudderMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 08:31 PM   #10
Nyandere

Orientation: Likes girls, licks boys
Out Status: As bi- Anyone; As a girl- No one

Normally, I have a lot of body hair, which I can't stand. Dark and hairy... ew. I really hate being male, and all that hair simply isn't me- it makes it hard to look like me, so I have to shave every day.
'We need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us.' - Franz Kafka
solarcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 08:44 PM   #11
Gen
EC Addict

I like soft small hairs, like peach fuzz . You know what I mean? Like the point when you first start growing hair and its all straight and soft. But then it all goes to hell in a few years >_>. Then its all dark and harder(prickly if you shave).

Its iritating because I'm the type of person that looks best with very little facial hair, but wierd bare.... so its impossible to get it right........... But as far as the rest of my body, it depends. Like I dont hate my leg hair that much, I'll just trim it with scissors if needs it. Though I would hate chest/back/... eh.... "bottom" on myself, so I could see wanting to share that if the problem arose. Though I really dont care about hair on others.

But its usually only ever you, that cares if you have body hair is the funny part. :/
Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:02 PM   #12
(>‿◠)✌

Out Status: (✿◠‿◠)

Hmmmm.... I was seriously considering posting a thread exactly like this soon. Odd coincidence.

Anyways - Too much hair anywhere is an absolute no no. I think its ok to have hair on your arms and legs.... but thats about it.

Like on me, I think without arm hair, I look weird. My hair is really weird on my arms... its like a golden brown. It doesn't match my head hair (dark brown)- although I wish my head hair was that color - but it is light enough to almost blend in with my skin. However, I don't like the look of hair on my legs so I get rid of that. Its a little darker so its more noticeable.

Never before have we had so little time in which to do so much.
~Franklin D. Roosevelt
SunSparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:12 PM   #13
RemyLeBeau

On other people, I don't give a damn, but I like my armpits and legs shaved personally.

Facial hair is a whole nother stories. I hate it all.
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:26 PM   #14
a cow

Orientation: cows
Out Status: i dont care

I like my body hair, especially on my face, fore arms and legs, it looks great, and I certainly dont mind it on other guys too, having body hair makes me feel attractive
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:33 PM   #15
Snowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSparks View Post
Anyways - Too much hair anywhere is an absolute no no. I think its ok to have hair on your arms and legs.... but thats about it.
Yeah, I think the same, for the most part. I absolutely despise stomach/chest/back hair, but other places it doesn't bother me on other people. I do sometimes wonder what I'd look like without hair on my arms, though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarcat View Post
Normally, I have a lot of body hair, which I can't stand. Dark and hairy... ew. I really hate being male, and all that hair simply isn't me- it makes it hard to look like me, so I have to shave every day.
I get looking at yourself and hating the hair on your body... It gets to the point of me getting tweezers and plucking any hairs I see on my legs.. and other hairs that look out of place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
I like soft small hairs, like peach fuzz . You know what I mean? Like the point when you first start growing hair and its all straight and soft. But then it all goes to hell in a few years >_>. Then its all dark and harder(prickly if you shave).
You see, I never noticed the peach fuzz. To me it was like straight to the ugly, furry jungle..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen View Post
But its usually only ever you, that cares if you have body hair is the funny part. :/
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguine View Post
I like my body hair, especially on my face, fore arms and legs, it looks great, and I certainly dont mind it on other guys too, having body hair makes me feel attractive
Well I'm pretty pale because of my dark red/auburn hair.. and I have brown leg hair, and I feel like pale legs and brown leg hair don't look that great together..

Last edited by Snowy; 24th Jul 2012 at 09:35 PM..
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:36 PM   #16
EC Addict

Orientation: Lesbian
Out Status: A select few

In my opinion, it's intimidating and gross. xp I really can't stand hairy men, maybe because of my too-close-to-call encounter with a male extrovert who had a real Noah's arc type of beard. He's that bad penny you can't shake and he shows up everywhere I don't want him to.

The opposite of love isn't hate--it's indifference.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:48 PM   #17
EC Addict

Out Status: A few people

I don't like it. I shave my body hair, o e because I compete in triathlons and two because I think I look better without any.
dl72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:53 PM   #18
EC Guardian

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Sexuality: Out, Gender: Partially Out

Yes, I hate my body hair too. The only reason I continue to deal with it is that shaving my legs is too much work. Already tried that.
Pret Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 09:56 PM   #19
Snowy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pret Allez View Post
Yes, I hate my body hair too. The only reason I continue to deal with it is that shaving my legs is too much work. Already tried that.
Yeah. It can be really tedious. The way mine grows on my legs makes it so that I have to shave my legs pretty much every day. The days I don't feel like doing it I just wear pants Not to mention it typically dries my legs a lot, so I end up having to lather olive oil on my legs and scrub off all of the dead skin with sugar.. which is another, like, 10 minutes in the morning for me...
Old 24th Jul 2012, 10:11 PM   #20
EC Guardian

Orientation: Bisexual
Out Status: Sexuality: Out, Gender: Partially Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
Yeah. It can be really tedious. The way mine grows on my legs makes it so that I have to shave my legs pretty much every day. The days I don't feel like doing it I just wear pants Not to mention it typically dries my legs a lot, so I end up having to lather olive oil on my legs and scrub off all of the dead skin with sugar.. which is another, like, 10 minutes in the morning for me...
I might try it again though. I just like smooth legs. I am so envious of the girls I fence with.

Also, do you have any advise on back hair?
Pret Allez is offline   Reply With Quote