1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat got your tongue?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musikk021, Jul 25, 2012.

1. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anyone ever have a really good opportunity to come out (like it was the perfect moment or someone had made the perfect segway for you) but you didn't?

I had a few good chances to come out to my friends, but I always chickened out.

1. My friends were talking about the gay friends they have and hang out with at college. One of them suddenly turns to me and asks me if I like gay people. *Awkward, since I'm gay* My heart started racing and all I ended up saying was, "Yeah, of course." :icon_redf

2. Two of my other friends kept asking me what kind of guy I'd date. They were like, "Would you date an Asian guy? Would you date a black guy? Would you date a white guy?" So on and so forth. I just kept answering "no" to each one, kept my head down, and kept eating. I could've just said, "It's not about race; it's about gender."

3. I was sitting at a table with 11 of my friends (all girls). They were each talking about their "perfect guy." One of the girls then turns to me and asks me, "What's your perfect man like?" I just shrugged my shoulders and shook my head and didn't say anything. My roommate then adds: "or woman?" I was so surprised she said that...maybe it meant she kinda knew. Nonetheless, I just kept quiet. :confused:

Anyone have similar stories?

2. Sanssouci

Probably one of my biggest regrets, my mam actually asked me on holiday in Rome when I was 15 (half-jokingly, but still). I was still working on accepting it myself, and I can't remember the moment very well but I think I denied it (it's weird I can't remember that part, isn't it?)

A few weeks ago in my new place of work the office was looking at fashion magazines (I'm the only guy in the office) and I was staring at one because the girl looked outrageously photoshopped, and they accused me of oogling. I was so taken aback I didn't say anything (no ones accused me of oogling a woman for a long time!) I found another moment a few days later though, so everything is fine now.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had a few, but the only one that was absolutely perfect would have been a few years ago when my step-father accused me of being gay. It would have been the ideal stage to showcase my condescending and bitter sense of humor too, but I never took the opportunity.

He came home wasted, and since I had finished everything expected of me he was forced to come up with a different way to complain about me rather than the usual "he's lazy and worthless" routine he often resorts to. Then while he was on the toilet he was screaming at anyone who'd listen about anything he could think of. A little while later my mother came up to me and told me he had decided I was gay, since I was 18 and had no had an illegitimate offspring yet as he had at that age.

I wanted so much to spin around and inform everyone that he was finally, after 12 years in my life, right about something. But I chickened out.

Another opportunity came around when I was at my first job. This one guy (who was quite mean) asked me if I was gay. Rather than telling him that I wasn't sure anymore, since he was the biggest dick I'd ever met and he didn't arouse me in the least, I opted for the simple (and cowardly) "no" instead.

I also told him that unless I was coming onto him or cumming on him, it wasn't really any of his business... xD

4. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hahaha, I appreciate your sense of humor. :thumbsup: Too bad you didn't tell it to your stepdad though. Hope you get another chance to!

5. GayJay

I always picture worst case scenarios last minute and change my mind.

6. Ridiculous

No way I'm missing this opportunity:
    [​IMG]

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My best friend and I were talking about our friends that are already out, I should've come out then.. but I did not do it..

I know that she will be ok with me.. I just have to have the courage to come out.

8. Hiems

I was studying for an upcoming exam for a summer course with two friends who are straight girls. I forgot how this question even came up, but they both asked me what kind of girl I would prefer: a skinny or a heavier one. I chose the latter just to prevent an awkward silence. I could have came out then, but I only knew one of them for a few weeks. The other person is a closer friend who I've known longer, but even then, the moment wasn't quite opportune for me...

9. timo

:lol:

so. yeah. :grin: It happened multiple times and probably will keep happening.

About a month back one of my close friends said something like "you really need a girlfriend" (i actually typed boyfriend... freudian slip) so I responded "yeah I guess...". What I should've said is "could it be a guy too? :grin:".

My parents seem to have their suspicions too, "when will you be bringing home a girl? (...) or a guy?" but this was before I realized I'm gay so I couldn't really respond to that.

10. Aquilo

Had the same with my parents both before and after knowing I was bi, it was really annoying.

I recently got invited to go to a gay-themed party but didn't dare yet :icon_sad:

11. Lewis

My best friend actually asked me if I was straight or not and I said yes...fail!

12. secretguyX

- My friend was asking me who I liked and I wouldn't tell her (this was before I came out to her). She asked what this guy was like, then said, unless it's a girl, that's cool too! I knew she was somewhat kidding, but I don't know, she may have actually thought it might be too. I said, oh yeah definitely, but I sounded completely sarcastic...

- I was talking to a friend from my softball team a year ago about a bunch of stuff. She then asked me if I liked this girl (ex crush), and I got extremely nervous and asked what she meant. She then said do you like her as a person? Cause they were best friends and she was pissed off at her. I thought she had meant actually liked her like I had... Afterwards we were talking about who we've liked, and I told her there was another person, but I couldn't tell her who it was. I think she got pissed off at me that I didn't trust her or something, cause we didn't talk much after that...

I've had plenty other ones I can't think of right now. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Naren

I can't really wait for people to ask, because nobody naturally supposes somebody's trans (If a guy acts like a girl, he's gay, right?). I've come out to a few friends and it gets easier all the time. You just gotta go with it. This might be just me, but girls seem to be waaaaaaaay more understanding than guys about this, though I haven't tried any gay guys. Good luck to you IForgotYourNameAlready.

14. NoPlanB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Last week I was in the car with my friends and one of the guys randomly said, "*insert my name here* doesn't like girls."

I just smiled (I'm a reserved person and don't speak unless spoken to first) and ignored him. Then he said, "You don't go on dates."

I could have come out there, but I just replied, "I've been on dates."

15. Waffles

Last week, me and 2 of my female friends went to the mall and they dragged me into all the girl stores. OPPORTUNITY NUMBER ONE: They said they wished they had a gay guy to help them arrange a lovely outfit. I just laughed... could've said "Hello, I'm right here!", but nope. So after we took a break and hit the food court. OPPORTUNITY NUMBER TWO: One of my friends made a comment saying she had only a handful of straight guy friends... I was one of them. I could've said "Well, ACTUALLY... I role with guys too". OPPORTUNITY NUMBER THREE: Then we talked about how a gay guy has a crush on.me (I wasn't interested in him. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ). So my friends were like "dude, did you tell him you don't like penis?" and I said "I said I was flattered but not interested"... but they said "should just been blunt: I don't like penis". After that, we shopped some more! OPPORTUNITY NUMBER FOUR: Then while shopping (we'd been shopping for hours) my friends were like "you wife'll be so happy that you tolerate shopping sprees!" and again I gave the "ahehe-well-actually-er-nevermind" chuckle.

Needless to say, someone stayed in the closet that day... I had FOUR tries and failed them all. OTL

#15 Waffles, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  16. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I was at my moms friends house and my best friend was there. We were in my moms friends room which has anime along one of the walls so I went in their with her. We were talking while she was looking at all the anime and I kind of just toss out that "I'm kind of straight but I am not gay" and I was just all nervous because I barely told anyone and I was bi at the time. And she was all "If you were gay, I wouldn't mind". I was wanting to tell her then I was bisexual but it wasn't coming out.
    Needless to say like a week or so later, she found out from a friend who looked at my twitter... fail.

17. AmblingSam

I was talking to my friends at lunch and one of them peered over her shoulder and said "I think he's gay." Another was like "Yesss!"
    That would've been such a great time. But it's cool now. I pretty much out! =)

18. Peanuts

My friends like to do silly things and sit on my lap, hold me, hold hands, etc. Y'know, get real touchy-feely. During and after this, they'll crack jokes about us being lesbians and the whole time, I'm awkwardly standing there thinking, ''If only they knew.''

Another time, I was with my best friend at an amusement park and she had brought a good friend of hers along. We were talking normally and at one point, her friend said to me, ''I'm bisexual. Meaning, I could make out with you right now and enjoy it. What are you?'' I proceeded to mumble something about how I'm not, in my shock and closetedness. It doesn't help my best friend probably already knows and was there the whole time--it was just so awkward.

19. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just a few weeks ago, while I was having lunch with a classmate, she was telling me about her crush, and then she asked me whether I liked any gir or boy in our class, but before I could answer, she continued talking, so I was just like "Oh well...".

20. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I had an incident with a freudian slip as well. In my English class, my teacher had us pair up with someone to act out a little skit. One of us was supposed to play the worried bride/groom at a wedding wondering what happened to the fiancé who hasn't shown up yet. I was supposed to play the worried person. To double check what the scenario was, I asked my partner, "So I'm the one at the altar and I'm asking you where she is?"
    Right after I said it, I realized I was supposed to say "he" since I'm a girl...oops!