1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans and going on holiday. How do i hide?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayJay, Jul 25, 2012.

1. GayJay

So i'm FtM and everything but i'm still pre everything. The therapy stage has started but i am still not up to physical transition yet.
    But i'm going on holiday to Greece soon. I wanted to keep passing as a boy but i'm staying on a beach/water park hotel. Plus am gonna have to wear Summer clothes.
    The shorts and everything will be okay but how do i wear vests or a swim suit and hide my chest? Plus i'm going with my parents, who aren't the most supportive like so kinda got to hide some things from them too.
    Has anyone else trans ever been away to a hot country? How did you make sure you passed as a guy/girl? Or does anyone live somewhere you have to wear clothwes that don't really hide anything?:help:

2. SunSparks

Ooooh, I'm not trans but in the case of hiding your breasts, you can look into compression shirts. I've heard of some people being able to completely "get rid" of your breasts. Its almost like a girdle.

3. NickD

I'm not trans either, but having dealt with body issues (and covering myself in public), I hope I can offer some good advice :slight_smile:

I would suggest a black muscle shirt (or colloquially termed a wifebeater). Black is very slimming and a muscle shirt is pretty acceptable as swim wear. I also have a lot of trendy beach over shirts that I wear all other times (not Hawaiian print, but the same fabric).

Do keep in mind though, that despite your parents, you are on vacation! Do you think they (that is the locals) really care what you're wearing? Will you see them again? Wear what you feel most comfortable in! The worst thing that can happen is your parents know a bit more about who you really are...

#3 NickD, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  4. GayJay

Thanks for the advice guys! Never really seen any compression shirts will have to look on the internet for some. Yeah black muscle vests do sound good and i can swim in then will have to invest in some.
    But yeah my parents knowing a little me about me really if a bad thing. The already know about the issue and don't support me on it at all. If they notice the fact i am trying to pass as a boy, the two weeks really will be hell. My mum has already bought me 10 bikinis, even though knowing i don't want to wear them!