1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the gay people?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by unsureman, Jul 26, 2012.

1. unsureman

unsureman Guest

Hey everyone! Now I know that Wyoming is a very conservative state and the population isn't that big, but when it comes down to it, this is a very small state. So where are they all? Granted there are some in my hometown but I can't talk with them because everyone here knows everyone...so yea. Anyway. Does anyone else have a feeling like that? A small town so all the gay people you can openly chat with are elsewhere?

2. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In rural states such as Wyoming college towns are always going to be your best bet - the only one of which I know is Laramie. I'd be shocked if there wasn't an LGBT group or two there, affiliated with the college or otherwise.

Beyond that, there always seem to be queer folk in some of the larger small towns (say, 10-20k people), but they're more hidden away and more likely to guard that identity. I'd suggest some dating sites to you, since they give some anonymity for LGBT people in small towns (i.e., allow you to know they are out there if you know where to look), but of course you can't mention them on EC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Aside from Laramie, (if you're getting close to college age? Edit: wait you're 20; any plans of college for you?) I also know that there are LGBT communities in Bozeman and Missoula (especially the latter), and if you're in the southern part of the state - Denver, which some of our EC members have attested to, appears to be very LGBT friendly and is probably one of the bigger communities in the Midwest.

Edit: Oh and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

#2 Browncoat, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  3. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes. I live in a little but growing city in CA, where everybody knows everybody else. I know few gay people around here, and all of them either away or not my friends. It's pretty depressing actually :dry:

4. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I hate living in such a small, conservative town...

5. coolbreeze90

coolbreeze90 Guest

agreed :tears:

6. unsureman

unsureman Guest

That is why I wish I could afford to just up and move to New York City or something crazy like that! Thanks for the comments

---------- Post added 26th Jul 2012 at 10:57 PM ----------

Thanks for the welcome! Anyways yea. I am going to college, but for the first 2 years I will be in Sheridan, Wyoming....so yea. Hopefully after that it will go on to bigger and better things.