1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions on First Week of Dating

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by squally89, Jul 26, 2012.

1. squally89

Don't you just hate the first week of dating = AKA just meeting someone?

I feel so dumb, awkward, nervous, and just plain strange.

(GET READY FOR A SEMI LONG STORY)
    So I met this guy on an iPhone App on Sunday night at 10PM. We chatted for a hour and he quickly asked me out for coffee on the spot with the line "How spontaneous are you?". Smooth?! lol Anyways I said yes and the next I know I am chatting with him until 3AM in the morning. Before he left he asked me if I was free Monday night for dinner. I said sure and he made dinner at his place for me. After dinner we went to his room and fooled around.

In my head I was thinking to myself that I can't expect relationship from online app people since its mostly sex anyways, but he surprised me. No we didn't have sex and no we didn't have organism. He told me he wanted to prove a point to me that sex can be enjoyable without all that stuff. We watched a movie and he drove me home and I thanked him for not taking advantage of the situation. And we made plans to see each other on Thursday.

On Wednesday he texted me asking me if we can reschedule our dinner on Thursday. I replied back with sure and it appeared to be a work related thing, but we didn't settle on a reschedule date (perhaps this is a gentle way of saying "thank you, but I wont be seeing you again.". And I have invited him on Monday to this friend gathering event (he told me he doesn't have many gay friends) on Saturday. Today is Thursday and we have not exchanged text all day.

So should I still text him on Friday to ask him? or should I wait till Saturday?
    If I do text him I should be casual...like TGIF! ...suggestions?

Minor details...
    - He thought I was just a stupid 22 year old kid, but apparently I surprised him with my maturity and he finds me interesting.
    - He gave me oranges to take home lol WHO DOES THAT? SO DOMESTIC~
    - I texted him ytd and the conversation was pretty normal (e.g. how's your day type of thing)
    - I deleted the dating app bc I didn't want people messaging me anymore (my phone shuts down when it happens sometimes, and also to stop myself from checking his pictures lol) I hope he doesn't think that I think I like him so much I removed the online dating app.
    - He told me so much about him...like his family, health, past relationships etc.

Does that mean he likes me? I don't know what's going on and I keep on over-analyzing every little detail and all I want is for him to text me.

Don't you guys just hate the first week of dating? Its like so BAD and I really don't want to be bitten by the "love bug". I need to find a cure! (Going crazy...:bang:slight_smile: haha

2. Kirakishou

I'd say it's too early to tell. Either find something to chat with him over text or just wait till Saturday to ask if he'll be joining you. Assuming that he still remembers you invited him.

3. SunSparks

Just relax. Just relax.
    Lol, in order to call attention to my point, I can only say this much. Sorry :|

4. squally89

Oh goodness the thread got submitted.
    On my iPhone~ Blackout
    So I just texted him about the blackout.
    Argh no! A random fact he didn't had to know ><"

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2012 at 12:54 AM ----------

Thank you while I find some "chillax" pills lol
    And you are right, thanks!
    Although I have dated before in the past I can never get more "use to" the first week syndrome~

5. Mercuree

Hehe Squally89 I know exactly how you feel! Kinda in the same place myself.. Gotten over the crazy bit now though. Just gotta take it slow and try not to push things. Just go with the flow. :slight_smile: Enjoy!

6. squally89

Funnest text conversation ever~

So i texted him this morning (AKA right now)
    Me - TGIF! Not sure if you're still interested but there's something happening tmr night at my friends. Feel free to join us.
    Him - Am I being re-invited to an event I have already said I was going to go to?

This made my Friday~