1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympics and its athletes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by silkfrog1292, Jul 28, 2012.

1. silkfrog1292

So.... I've been glued in front of the TV the past 2 hours, watching the men in Gymnastics. Not because i particularly love the sport, but because i can see hot athletes in action....:icon_redf

I wonder of anyone else watches sport because of its athletes, or i'm simply weird???:confused:

2. Hiems

Watching the Olympics to admire the athletes' looks isn't unusual. I don't know much about sports either, but you seldom see these people on television. It's awesome to see them do their thing and to look good too =)

3. i love the female gymnasts! :grin:

4. justchris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the Olympics because I get to see sports that I grew up doing (my sister did gymnastics for a good part of her life, and we both swam growing up). It's fun to watch these world-class athletes compete in the sports that I know so much about (which are also seldom shown because events in these sports only happen a few times a year). I also enjoy watching the US woman's soccer team, US beach volleyball, and both men's and woman's basketball.

But some sports I do enjoy just ogling athletes. For example, the male divers (especially Tom Daley and Matthew Mitcham) are built and in the case of the two divers listed, extremely gorgeous.

I think more importantly, I just love the feeling of pride when I see an athlete from the US win the gold medal and hear the national anthem play.

5. AmblingSam

I love the UK diver who won silver in '08 at the age of just 14. He's super cute but I forgot his name.

I love the sports and the eye candy :wink:

6. justchris

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    That's Tom Daley :icon_bigg

7. BudderMC

I do it, I'm not gonna lie. Gymnasts I admire, but I don't think I could ever lust over them... it's almost like their bodies are so absolutely perfect I couldn't think of being in their league, even in my fantasies. xD

8. Heyitsme

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been watching the male gymnasts too. Like the American pommel horse team? God damn <3

9. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

I loved women's volleyball. Oh my Zod yum.

Otherwise, I watch to see America kick ass and bring home the gold! :icon_wink

10. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I don't watch it just for the eye candy, but it is a nice touch :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My sis and I usually watch them together when we can she is hilarious about it. She rates guys by performance and cuteness, then combines the scores xD Even though right now she is torn between lochte and phelps haha

But yes, its normal :slight_smile:

11. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Please, Lochte ALL the way!

12. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I really love Megan Rapinoe. I think she's adorable, and she's a lesbian, which is a bonus.

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's legit. I love watching running for that reason. Really great looking ladies, omg! This time, I am following the fencing hotties.

14. sguyc

Half the fun is watching humans in pique physical form perform actions that we couldn't even imitate. Its exciting to watch so many attractive people doing so many phyiscally attractive things (exceptions are women's track and field).

15. Peanuts

This. My God, I have a huge crush on Alexandra Raisman. Actually, no, the whole US gymnastics team is adorable.

Also, I find myself getting really into the events, haha, especially when USA is in the event. Gives us all a reason to rally together.

16. cityofangels

cityofangels Guest

No, you're not weird. I do the exact same thing. I haven't moved from the tv in hours. I have been watching the Olympics all day :slight_smile: The women's volleyball team... (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

17. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Oh, I'm with you, but since phelps is "better" professionally than lochte my sis is conflicted haha Its all in the overall score! :wink:

18. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel more awkward for not watching the Olympics as much for the very same reason. :grin:

19. timo

Two words. Epke Zonderland.

Definitely the reason I'll watch the gymnastics finals (or more specific... the horizontal bar final, cause that's the only one he qualified for :grin:).

20. Courtesan

Courtesan Guest

I'm so bad for that, but I haven't watched any Olympics for the hot girls yet. (key word: yet) But my god, girls in sports just really do something for me, ohhh boyy. I think I went to every single one of my school's volley ball games this year just for that reason.. ahha :s