1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do straight people feel?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Neutrality, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Neutrality

I've always wondered this and never wanted to ask my friends, I'm really not sure if anyone on here can answer. Anyways What do straight people feel when they look at someone of them same sex......like if a straight guy sees 2 guys kisss does he really find it gross?...I have a hard time figuring it out since I'm not like a kinsey 6...more like a 4 or 4.5 I like to look at women but am turned off by the idea of touching one. >>Hence I can't just flip it around to get an answer since I'd get excited to see anyone kiss. =P

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well since I'm closeted, I never talk to my straight friends about romance or such. However, a few years ago, I had a straight female friend who was a bit homophobic. She said she was somewhat okay with the idea of two girls being together but that seeing two girls kiss is gross to her. I think she's grown a little more accepting of the LGBT community, but I don't know how she feels about the kissing anymore. Basically, she's okay with the idea of a gay/lesbian couple, but she doesn't want to have to see it.

#2 musikk021, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It depends on the person. There are heterosexual men who aren't interested in watching two girls kiss or have sex. As far as straight men seeing two men kiss, it still depends on the person. Some may be repulsed or angered by the sight, some may think it's sweet or even appealing. And some simply don't care and have no reaction to it at all. It depends on the person.

Women allegedly have a more fluid sexuality (or perhaps men are prone to deny any such fluidity in their own sexuality), so their reaction is less likely to be so negative. Some may be upset and repulsed, of course, while some may see it as some sort of symbol of feminist pride.

I suppose I'm roughly Kinsey 3, with a preference for men, but a definite interest in women. So I can't say what straight people think. But really, it's varied. As time goes on, you may find fewer and fewer people disgusted by it, and more people willing to admit to liking or accepting seeing members of their sex kiss, as society grows more tolerant of homosexuality. But I think the general reaction is most likely somewhat neutral.

4. IanGallagher

Comically my ebb and flow works in such a way that at times it turns me on while at other times the same scene could look extremely odd and awkward. I have no idea why it could be. Perhaps straight people accept it, but see it as awkward while anyone on the kinsey scale if it's their type get turned on. -- That's to seeing two guys kissing.

Two girls kissing? I'd say most guys who like chicks dig that.

5. sanguine

My friends say its not attractive, so I'd think its sort of like a gay man looking at two women kissing

6. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I remember hearing two guys talkin about this other dude in our year who had a boyfriend and it got spread. One of the guys said "Have they like.. Kissed?" and the other said "Dunno, probably" and the other said "Ewwwww!", like he was genuinely repulsed. But then most of my straight guy friends don't give a shit. Sooo it really depends on the person, as with most things I guess.

7. J200587

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It really does depend on the person. Being from the south U.S., a lot (especially older people) would find 2 guys kissing offensive, not just gross. I live with 2 straight guys and when they see anything like that, they involuntarily make a disgusted noise even though they are accepting of LGBT people.

8. vere

To be honest, I sometimes feel people feign or exaggerate their disgust with homosexuality because they feel such a response is expected. This isn't to say that there aren't some heterosexual people who find homosexuality "offensive"; obviously there are. However, I notice that when I watch something of a sexual nature around other people, I tend to over-exaggerate my discomfort because I feel that that's how I am expected to feel. So if two straight men are watching say, something LGBT related, I think their negative response to it, in some cases, might be a bit put on.
    It's like when you ask a heterosexual person whether or not they think someone of the same sex is attractive and they say that they "can't tell." Can they really not tell, or are they just saying this as to not appear gay? Sometimes I assume the latter.

9. Lewis

My friend that is a girl always sniggers and say 'yuck' 'ew' etc when she see's two girls or guys kissing, I don't know why...it's ridiculous really. I agree that it's exaggerated and probably to make a statement about their heterosexuality. I should say ew when I see a guy and a girl kissing, see how they like it xD

10. Neutrality

I guess these responses make sense =) I don't know why I've always been so curious about stuff like that. Ya know I the biggest difference in. Thought I have ever noticed is in middle school I thought the stuff the school wrestling team did looked very sexual so I never joined cause I was afraid I'd get a boner...if only I hadn't ignored that feeling hehe =P

11. Given To Fly

To be honest I get turned off by seeing straight couples kissing in public (I don't mean quick pecks I mean full blown tonsil-hunting). I can't say that I've ever seen gay couples kissing, so I don't know how I feel about that, but probably about the same. To me, intimacy is something that should be private, between the couple concerned. Maybe I'm old fashioned in that regard.

12. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dated a straight guy for a month. He was actually a pretty decent kisser/cuddler. He had trouble getting aroused though. We had sex about a dozen times, and he didn't have a single orgasm the entire time.

I think that last part was the crucial one. He could do everything up to that point, but his brain needed something to finish that I couldn't give him.

13. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

idk, like you^^ i get excited when anyone starts kissing.