1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it acceptable to want to get the same haircut as your ex?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sol4r, Aug 1, 2012.

1. sol4r

sol4r Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She just had really cute hair. I swear. But it's kind of a unique haircut, and we go to high school together so it could get pretty awkward. What would you think if your ex got the same haircut as you a few weeks after you broke up with them?

2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Well, if you didn't have to see her, then it would be acceptable since she wouldn't see it, but, since you do see her in school, it's probably best to not get the same haircut, because she will take notice of it, definitely. I mean, it's hair though, if she does notice, how much can she really say, it's not like she owns the haircut. For me, if my ex got the same haircut, I wouldn't care, a lot of people have the same haircut anyways, I just have medium length hair in layers, it's not like it's one in a million, so I wouldn't mind.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No offense to anybody, but 15 year old girls have the ability to turn anything into a shitstorm of epic proportions. I just wouldn't, save yourself the drama.

4. secretguyX

I agree, even though getting the same haircut wouldn't really matter, people overreact to really stupid things. She could think you're just doing it to try to copy her or something. Maybe wait a year, by then she may have changed her haircut anyways.

5. I would be afraid that my ex would take it as a sign that I wanted them back....which is why I wouldn't do it.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Freaky... :slight_smile:

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

unless you do want her back >...<

8. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

If my ex got the same hair as me, It would be a plus because I would obviously look more fab then him and yeah... ( he would look so weird omg)

9. rg93

I totally agree with you after laughing pretty hard and being reminded of this someecard :grin:

[​IMG]

It's probably not a good idea to provoke her and be all like :eusa_danc :grin:

10. if you went to diff schools then maybe but you go to the same school so i wouldnt recommend it.

or you could but then your ex will prob get mad and stuff.

11. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What is this?????

I just don't get the question. Why would it matter what haircut you get?

If you're worried about what people would think, I mean... I guess I don't know. I just try not to reason around stupidity. Because I just can't...

If you like the haircut, I say go for it, gurl!

12. Ianthe

Did you tell her a million times you like her hair? Did you ever imply that you might like a similar haircut?

If you never mentioned any of that while you were together, it might be kind of weird, especially if the break-up was bad and you aren't friends now.

If you are friends now, ask her if it would be okay if you got a similar cut. (If a friend of mine had an unusual haircut and I wanted something similar, I would talk to her about it first.) Or, if you don't want to ask her, just talk to her about it. Mention it in advance, so you aren't showing up with it one day.

Also, if it's that unusual, you might want to see if you can do something that is similar but not exactly the same. What does this haircut look like?

13. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Get the haircut if you really, absolutely, positively love it. But change it up a little in your own style.