1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever phoned a radio station?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Paul_UK, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I am just listening to some of the people phoning into our local BBC radio station evening programme (which covers the whole of the Midlands). These sorts of programs certainly seem to encourage the eccentrics and nutters to call, as well as confused older ladies who seem to forget that the whole of the Midlands is listening!

Have you ever phoned a radio station? If so what for? Was it to enter a competition or to join in a discussion? Were you live on air, prerecorded and on air within a few minutes, or not heard at all? Did you come across OK or did you make an idiot of yourself? What station - local, regional or national?

2. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i actually have lol. a radio station in my state. i have acutally done it a copule times. i talked on the radio once and requested a song another time. i pretty much made a fool of myself. it was me and this girl and we were like KISS FM ROCKSS!!!!

btw paul do u watch soccer for the english premiershiip. i love england for there soccer. and their guys lol

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

No, I hate football and don't watch TV at all.

I didn't mean to imply that anyone who phones radio stations is a nutter or whatever. It is just the people who phone this show who seem to be. We currently have a discussion about whether cats should be kept inside or let out at night, and it's really got some listeners going! It makes for entertaining listening though!

4. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah those DJ's can hold a convo about anything. ugh i love football lol

5. Ty

Ty Guest

My friend did for me ~ for my 13th birthday. It was a local Oxfordshire station.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

One of the (gay) guys in our office texted Wyvern FM a few weeks ago, requesting a Kylie song. The presenter called him back, spoke to him about that day's trivial topic (which was how many people in your office are off ill). A few minutes later he played the conversation on air, much to my colleague's embarrassment, then played Kylie's current song.

Some of his mates heard it too, and he got some friendly ribbing about it in the pub that evening too!

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

They seem to have amazing patience talking to nutters and reading out texts and emails from nutters too. I certainly couldn't deal with some of these for 3-4 hours each day...

8. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

yeah, but the really popular dj's make mad amounts of money

9. Nodnarb

I never have, and I hate listening becuase sometimes (no offense if you are one of the callers) people make themselves sound like idiots, but it is just to hilarious to not listen sometimes.

The time I hate it the most is after ISU football games(big college football fan here)and our fans call in and get all optimisic...like 'Do you guys(game announcers)think we can beat Kansas(who was #2 in the country at the time) next week?' Its like...HONESTLY YOU IDIOT! WE'RE FREAKING 3-8, and we almost lost at home to Colorado! We had to come from 21 down to win it, WE'RE NOT GOING TO BEAT KANSAS, so don't make yourselves and our fanbase look like complete idiots. My other favorite was the little girl who called in after we beat Iowa 15-13 on a last second field goal. "This was the best day of my life." Sure, beating Iowa is fun, but thats a bit over the top....

10. wickedboi

I did, when I was in 3rd grade I recieved the part of Oliver in our schools production of "Oliver!" and the director had me go on a radio station and sing "Where Is Love?" I was so fricking nervous (I didnt "call" in tho, they took me to the radio station)

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

LOL, one class, my teacher was sick so we had nobody there, and these girls phoned a radio station and got on it, lmao.

12. mcrteenagers

Once. I was at work at the delivery driver and myself where having a debate as to when RHCP - Californication was released. So I called the radio station.

13. neverover

never call, but ive been called once. they only asked for my name, age, and the city where i lived in. the dj sounded kinda hot, tho:slight_smile:. i never call, my fone credit is better spent on other things XP

14. justjoshoh

I called a local talk show a few years ago about a local issue. I was on the 5 second delay, otherwise it was live. Did I sound like an idiot? Well, I guess I could have articulated the argument better, but the host did say I made a great point.

I have also called the college radio station, back when I was in school. But I was acting as a member of the staff, reminding the DJs of their responsibilities and how their privileges could be suspended if deemed necessary. Those conversations were always off air.