1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Random Drabble: A Crush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WillowMaiden, Aug 1, 2012.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

So in class, I day dream of stories, monologues, soliloquies and such just to keep my mind stimulated. During a bored moment in my Criminal Justice class, when my mind was foggy with info overload, I decided to write a drabble about this girl in my class who have caught myself staring at longer than I should. So, here it is. Enjoy or not, whichever so pleases you. :slight_smile:

I do not have a crush on her.
    I sit behind her, two seats away to the right.
    Her hair is milk chocolate and flows smoothly down her back.
    Two black dots freckle the flesh behind her double pierced ear.
    Her eye is green, perhaps hazel (in the right light there are glints of brown.)

I do not have a crush on her.
    I only notice the niceness of the right side of her face. I notice so hard that I wish the heavens had graced me with the gift of drawing instead of wordplay, for the latter does her form no justice.
    I notice she is the silent type, much like myself--yet still considerate of others. (I missed class once and she took it upon herself to ask the professor for my email address, so I could have the study guide.)

A woman after my own heart? No, no. It is silly of me to think such things.
    She is Esmeralda and I the Hunchback.
    Up in my tower of lonesome, I admire her from afar. She dances vibrantly amongst the masses, hardly glancing my way.
    If only our lives could start the same as all disney classics end.
    But that would never be.

I do not have a crush on her because she would never have a crush on me.
    We are nothing, but two seperate entities sliding briefly into each other's lives and then out sans the tiniest impact.
    To her, I am the quiet girl in the back. To me, she is the same...the quiet girl in the front, two seats to the left with green possibly hazel eyes, flowy chocolate brown hair and two beauty marks dotting the fair skin behind her double pierced ear.

See? I hardly take note of her and she just the same.

I know, I know. I sound like an artsy lezzie creeper, but I assure you all I am not. I embellish on my feelings for the sake of the drabble. I did notice this girl was quiet and cute, but I am not mad in two-second lesbian love with her. It took me a month to learn her name and I have never actually talked to her beyond a few horribly timed, strictly school related emails. Horribly timed meaning one of us always took super long to reply back. Because she was the only person with whom I had any connection, as non existent as it seems our brief electronic correspondence, it was better than what I had with my other classmates. Thusly, I used her as the objection of my concentration to ease the fog starting to haze my mind while class drudged on.

2. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey :slight_smile: I think it's great and no, you don't sound like a lezzie creeper. I think it's genuine. It's something we would think whenever we glance upon a someone that interests us. Hell, I know that was me in that same situation once not too long ago. It's funny how our boredom leads to something creative, even something as short as a drabble. Little things we notice in our most boring moments tend to be the ones that inspire us the most :slight_smile:

I think you should interact with her more when you have the chance. It would be a good opportunity for you, even if it's a little "silly of [you] to think such things" :slight_smile:

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Thank you. :slight_smile:

If I see her around campus, I would probably try. I tend to be bad with social interaction, which is why I write instead. If I continued to see her around, curiosity might get the best of me and I would try to talk to her. Now that I think about it, this seems like one of those "missed connection" things I've heard about on Craigslist. :lol:

4. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I had to look up "missed connection" just now :lol: I'm pretty bad at social interaction too (trust me) but the way I like to see it when I'm faced with a similar situation is this: what's the worst that can happen? A missed connection is probably the worst thing that can happen, but nothing else major. Definitely go for it when you get the chance.