1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mlk Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ppreston9, Jan 21, 2008.

1. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

today is Martin Luther King Jr. day.

Martin Luther King, Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968), was one of the main leaders of the American civil rights movement. King was a Baptist minister, one of the few leadership roles available to black men at the time. He became a civil rights activist early in his career. He led the Montgomery Bus Boycott (1955 - 1956) and helped found the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (1957), serving as its first president. His efforts led to the 1963 March on Washington, where King delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech. Here he raised public consciousness of the civil rights movement and established himself as one of the greatest orators in U.S. history. In 1964, King became the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts to end segregation and racial discrimination through civil disobedience and other non-violent means.

straight from Wiki lol.

pay some hommage to my brother

2. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    o0o, i recently finished my History module on the Civil Rights Movement. He came up a hell of a lot in it, and it was uber interesting to learn. :grin:

Well done to him. :sunglasses:

3. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My school gets first day of hunting season off, but we still have to go to school on Martin Luther King jr. day. Geez. . .

4. Proud1p4

Proud1p4 Guest

Oh crap! I was supposed to lead a booth today at school, i got so caught up in other things i completely forgot :icon_sad: .

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Ohhh...........that is just WRONG. Do I need to have a talk with your Principal? :wink:

6. KatoKumi

Honestly, I thought the title said Milk Day, haha.

7. Levi

Levi Guest

Lol me too.. the only reason I clicked on the thread was to insert a picture of a hot guy with milk running down on his body. But when I saw it was about Martin Luther King Jr. I opted not to. So now you'll never see that pic. hahahhahaha.

8. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

lol booooo

9. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    you could pay your respect to him with a picture of a hot guy...