1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing with age

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleCrab, Aug 2, 2012.

1. PurpleCrab

Haha, I'm 27 and it feel like I've already lived 50 years :wow:

Thing is, if I went back in time and told my younger self how much I'd change, I wouldn't have believed me.

Anyone else feels that way?

2. Bobbgooduk

Bobbgooduk Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm the opposite - I'm 53 and feel like I'm still 18 - I just can't believe where the time has gone.

If I went back in the time machine, I would definitely tell myself to do some things differently, I would hope to learn to be myself sooner.

3. SunSparks

Hmmm... to be honest, i dont know... like i've been told that I can be much more mature for my age... at the same time, I feel like life hasn't really started yet... for the last... well, for pretty much all the time I've lived in America so far, I've just been wanting to get away from my parents... until that happens, I don't think I can say my life has started...

4. fi390

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well my fifteen year old self would probably have run away crying if I told him I like dudes too. But yah I understand it's crazy how much we change as we get older.

5. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I'm only 19 and am feeling way too cynical about life at this young an age. I feel like I've lived forever and can only imagine more pain in my future, though I try to have a little hope that things might get better. But I do act and look more mature for my age. People always guess I'm in my mid twenties.

Looking back, my younger self wouldn't have known how miserable I'd become.

6. PurpleCrab

When I was younger I saw my future rather blurry and I couldn't imagine that someday it would lighten up and become clear, full of sunshine and happy times, certainties and stability.
    I was far from being as outgoing and social as I am now. I dreaded to attract any attention on myself and feared to be talked to.
    I also had no clue what hell I'd pass through, and that there would be worse, so much worse, yet to happen. Good that I didn't know.
    Life made my will to change the world into resolution to accept things as they are, too. I now know that I can do little things to make that world better and that it's hopeless to try to move the bigger picture.

I was mad at the world... full of emotions.. and then I felt dead, like I couldn't ever feel a thing anymore. And then I got back on my feet, made myself a life and a family that fit me best. I feel complete, peaceful, happy. And old :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

At times I feel like childhood is flashing before me, at other times, I feel like I've been here much longer than I really have. I feel like just a year could change a person dramatically, especially when you're a lot younger because you still have a ton of room to grow, which is why I sometimes feel older than I am. I feel the improvements I've made in the past year or two have shaped me and made me, probably more mature and more grown up than a lot of people the same age. Sometimes, when I think about certain situations I feel like I could talk about them with people much older, and then, there's still a few things I'm still childish about, but, I'm still growing up, there's no need to go faster, and everyone has a childish side anyways. I do sometimes feel like I'm older though, whenever I talk to the people I know in real life that are my age, I feel like I have to dumb down in order for me to get my points across.

8. PurpleCrab

I think what I learned the best with the years is that almost anything is possible as long as you set goals and plan well, step by step, to reach those goals. And to dare be happy.

9. GayJay

I'm only 16 and yet i can see i have changed drastically since like 14. But you couldn't dare tell me that was gonna happen when i was 14.

10. Lewis

I wish I could go back and tell the 13-14 year old me to pull myself together and accept who I am and don't let anyone treat me like crap. I'd tell myself, you're gay and there's nothing you can do about it, now move on!

11. Rinto

Rinto Guest

I'm 16 yet I feel like in my late twenties. Maybe because I've experienced things much earlier than anyone else around me. Meh, such bad things...

12. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Haha I'm 16 and I'm more immature than I was at 14. I don't think i'm ever going to grow up...