1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions people asked when you came out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by speedracing22, Aug 4, 2012.

1. speedracing22

So I told my first guy friend this week that I am bi, and ended the conversation with "if there's anything you want to know just ask me". And well, I was quite surprised at some of the stuff he asked me. Now we are very close (and he is cool with it) so he was pretty open in his questioning, but amongst some of the other crazy things he asked about, I really started laughing when he said "...but you're not into penis though, right?".

Another girl I had told a while back had said "so....does this mean we can go shopping?" to which I responded "NO!" (I hate shopping), and this made me laugh too.

So what was the most memorable (or funniest) question(s) you were asked when you came out to a friend?

2. SkyDiver

"But... why can't you just be straight?? Just.... be straight!" (Female)

"So you're telling me that you couldn't even be PAID to have sex with Megan Fox?" (Male)

"Does that mean you only like vanilla ice cream?" (Female)

"You PROMISE you won't start hitting on me? :wink:" (Male)

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I didn't get too many when I came out, but last year we did an LGBT panel with the GSA for 15 different classes at my university. The things people asked were ridcs. I didn't know people were THAT ignorant about the whole thing xD

My favorites:

"Do you like dressing like a girl?"

"Do you get horny when you go to the bathroom?"

"Why do lesbians use dildos?" - this one came up every single time. People were mindblown for some reason

"How do you know if you like a guy or just want to be his friend?" - my all time favorite. I was like...what? You can't be serious xD but of course it was at a panel so I had to smile and give a illegitimate answer.

And this is sort of similar, but if you want to hear hilarious stories of people coming out then here s this thread :slight_smile:

4. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

"So you don't even like guys.. not even one bit..."
    "You're a lesbian! You don't look like a lesbian!"
    "That's so gay! Oh sorry... I forgot you're a lesbian, I won't say that phrase around you anymore"
    "Why aren't you looking at every hot girl... that's what lesbians do"

5. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    But wouldn´t you have sex even with Britney Spears? (an I huge fan of her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) maybe with her I would lol

What makes you think that? ....well, for starters, that I like guys?

6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

All of these, and then there was this hilarious conversation with a (straight) female friend of mine... Her:"What? You're gay?! But how can you, like, NOT like dick?!" My response was something like, "How can you?" followed by a puke face. lol xD

#6 AshenAngel, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012