1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmmm

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ty, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Ty

Ty Guest

I was just wondering, if a gay man or woman got amnesia, would they still be gay o.0
    I think something like that should be researched, it would defintily tell us what being gay is affected by....

Just a thought... what' do you think?

*at the time of writing this it seemed like an okay question to me, sorry if its stupid :icon_redf *

2. pirateninja

It would be rather unethical to klonk a gay person over the head just to see if they'd still be gay afterward though.

Klonking a homophobe on the head to see if they'd still be homophobic afterwards though.... hmmmmm :badgrin:

3. Ty

Ty Guest

Hmmmmm.... not a bad idea :wink:

4. pirateninja

But yeah, to try and be a little more helpful, I do reckon that it would establish "nature or nurture" aspect of homosexuality.

Personally, I reckon even if I got amnesia I'd still be lesbian. I'm too much of a dyke to be anything but :grin:

5. Ty

Ty Guest

A knock on the head and you turn into a prissy make up-dress wearing girl :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, thats what i was thinking, forgot the actual phrase for it. "Nature or Nurture"

Hmmm

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

:roflmao: Its an interesting thought. I tend to think you'd still be gay because your brain is still wired the same way you just don't have memories of past relationships.

7. Jeimuzu

It's an intriguing thought. If you forgot everything, and all that... however, I think your personality is shaped by your experiences, but once that's done your personality won't change, even if you do get amnesia, you'll just not be quite so sure why you feel that way.

8. Ty

Ty Guest

Im assuming theres no medical way to induce amnesia for a short period of time..?

9. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

I think they would still be gay. There brains don't change etc. And in my opinion, you are born gay. Who would choose a life of discrimination?

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Thats not what the experiment would be for. Its would be seeing if your born being gay or you were influenced as you grew up. Nature vs Nurture. I don't know where i mentioned choice above, I doubt I would have chosen to be gay >.>

11. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

Well, sorry if I pissed you off.