1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marijuana legalization on the ballot

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by runallday4, Aug 7, 2012.

1. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

I realize there is already a fairly recent thread on your opinion on marijuana, so I just want to say that this is not the same topic, this is not about you're opinion (no offense).

For those of you who are not aware, there are ballot measures in three states (Washington, Oregon, and Colorado) for the legalization of marijuana. According to the polls I've seen so far, legalization is actually winning at the moment, and with three different states with the ballot measure, I think that at least one of them will get it passed. Since the federal government still says weed is illegal, what would happen if any of these laws were to pass? Which law would hold priority?

Also, on a side note, it seems like the West Coast is getting more and more liberal. I used to think New England was the most liberal region, but it seems like it may be shifting to the West Coast.

2. Night Rain

Then this belongs in the News section, right? And even with news we're supposed to give our opinion as response to the news?

3. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

The news section is called "LGBT News, Rights, Issues, and Equality" so I didn't want to put it there if it wasn't supposed to go there. If I'm wrong a Mod will just move it I guess.

Also, feel free to share your opinion. I just didn't want people to think it was the same as the other thread.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not unless the marijuana comes out as gay. :wink:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This explains it a little bit. This article uses medical marijuana instead of legalized public marijuana.
    The basic idea is that there is nothing stopping the federal government from going in and raiding all of the "legal" marijuana users. It may be legal in that state, but in the eyes of the federal law, it's still illegal.

Medical Marijuana a States Rights Issue

6. J Snow