1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

job trouble!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by happygay, Jan 22, 2008.

1. happygay

happygay Guest

can you help?im planning to go to italy next year as part of EF tours but i need to raise 3 grand by springbreak 2009 so i've decided to get a job but thiers a problem..Im only fourteen and i cant find ANY job out there that except's 14 year olds and i tried looking for jobs online but i dont know really where to start.HELP??:tears:

#1 happygay, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  2. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dishwashers. Every restaurant wants dishwashers. also look for fund raising opportunities on line and at chocolate stores and doughnut stores, they always tend to have fundraisers for kids.

3. justjoshoh

I am unaware of your state's minor labor laws, but in some states (Ohio, for example), it is difficult for businesses to using minors under the age of 16. There is greater restriction on when and with what persons under 16 may operate than those 16 to 17. I know several places that one would consider (retail stores, fast food, etc.) that just won't bother to hire anyone under 16 because of it.

4. Grof142007

$3k 14yrs spring 2009 wow good luck umm best bet is fundraisers

5. Levi

Levi Guest

Be creative... ask all of your neighbors to cut their lawn, do chores for them etc. Just make sure to negotiate a good price first. Make pancakes and sell them on a stand outside a crowded area to raise money. Basically find out what people want to spend money on and offer them that at a steep price :slight_smile:

6. EthanS

EthanS Guest

:confused: so u have nearly one year??.. hmmm if u do full time it'l be no problem but u cant so... Well my advice aint really rigth soo .. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: do what levi sed

7. Levi

Levi Guest

Sell cookies at college campuses on Friday and Saturday nights at extremely high prices. Knock on the doors. They'll pay whatever it costs. Just an example, doesn't have to be that. Just basically find people who are loose with their money and will pay ridiculous prices for stuff that won't cost you much.

Hmm.. I should do this myself.. not sleeping seems to give me a lot of good ideas. And I'd pay good money for a cookie now btw.

8. happygay

happygay Guest

thanks!!!ill try them out thanks agian for the help!