1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piercings! :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaplaceScramble, Aug 10, 2012.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, first I'll lay out the point of this thread. Who has a story of their piercings, why (and if) they love them, and what there piercings say about them.

I've posted a couple different posts about piercings in the past. They are of different topic(s) then this one so I don't think I should have a repost problem. The reason I post a lot about them...I love piercings! I got my 1st one with my friend (who was getting her 11th xD) and after that I've been hooked. I started with two basic lobe piercings, what most people start with. After those healed I was itching to get more, but I didn't like the idea of waiting for one to heal before I got another. So I got a cartilage and two more lobe. While those healed I thought of what ones I should get next (I just knew I was going to get more), and after much debate, I figured out a new grouping of piercings to get. An industrial bar, a cartilage, a lobe, and a rook. Once those are done I will probably get a nose ring, as well as inner conch. After that...well, at first I had ruled out everything I was going to get pierced, but now I don't know anymore :lol:

OBviously, I love my piercings, otherwise why would I make a thread like this hahah.

What my piercings say about me....well, first, I'll give the distribution, to better illustrate my point. My left ear has two lobe, two cartilage (one on the very top point of my ear, and one on the back/outer point of my ear), and one rook. My right ear has an industrial bar, and three lobe. I got them like that with the intent to have the piercings unsymmetrical. I'd hope that they can give the hint that I'm not very traditional and like doing things my own way. Yes there's a certain stigma that goes along with having a lot of piercings (particularly when they are on more than the ears and are coupled with tattoos) but I like having people judge me before they get to know me, just so I can crush their previous judgment of me, which would hopefully slow them from making rash judgments in the future. Yes, that's a lot to think I'm doing with just some metal going through me, but every little bit helps.

2. Flow

I got my lobes pierced a few months ago. I've always wanted to ever since I was 12 but I was too chicken to get it lol. So one day, I just woke up and drove to get em done. I like em.. Now I'm debating on if I should get a lip ring. I really want one, but I've heard they don't heal completely if you find out you don't want them. :/ Why is this so hard @_@

#2 Flow, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Snake bites? Spider bites? Medusa? Madonna? Labret? Vertical Labret? Jestrum? Dahlia? Angel bites? Dolphin Bites? Cyber Bites? Shark bites? Canine Bites? or just a standard lip piercings? (I really like piercings so...I can get excited hahah)

Obviously if any piercing is left in long enough, the hole won't close. From what I've heard, however, when a lip piercing closes there is a slight chance of dimpling where the piercing was. Basically there will be a small indentation at the site.

4. i had snake bites in my teens and i took my right side out a year after i got it done cuz it was damaging my teeth, but my left side stayed in for an extra year or two and my right side closed completely and left a small barely noticable mark but my left side closed when i took it out but not completey on the outside so it still looks like i have it pierced just with nothing in it, makes me look odd and ive had it out for a few years lol.

5. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    well then there ya have it Flow. Some examples of what could happen if you end up taking them out. Doesn't sound too bad to me. :grin:

6. Audrey

Out Status:
    A few people
    My ears use to be pierced but I got lazy and let them close up...
    I really want to get them done again! :grin: And now that I think about it I want to get more! Maybe double piercing on the lobes? Maybe cartilage on both...I cant make up my mind ha!

7. PurpleCrab

8. timo

Only piercings I have are stretched lobes :slight_smile: They've been at 6mm (=2ga) for a few months now, but I'm planning to stretch a bit further. My goal is 12mm (1/2"-ish)... but I probably end up with a smaller size.

There isn't any story behind it... I just think it's awesome :icon_bigg Don't have any urge for other piercings, well maybe spider bites but that's for another day when I have a full bank account :grin:

9. GreenRaven

it took me 3 tries to get my lobes done when i was 11, then in high school i got 2 more lobes and a left cartilage. the cartilage kept getting infected so i had to let it close :/

i started gauging my other 6 holes, ended up letting the top ones close so i have 2 in each ear gauged at 6 (on the bottom) and 10 (at the top).

i had snake bites, but even after having them in for 6-8 months and cleaning them like a fanatic every day, they got infected pretty bad, like...solid infection that you can't squeeze the pus out of. took em out for 30 mins for an interview...they closed all the way. had to go on antibiotics to clear the infection and now they've left little balls of scar tissue in my bottom lip. you can't really see them but i can feel them if i suck on my lip and the doctor says i should never get them redone, but i want to SO BAD. i loved having them. my body just doesn't like piercings that much.

oh! and i had an eyebrow for a while but it worked itself to the surface of the skin so i had to take it out, now i have a nice dent in my eyebrow XD

i want to get a cartilage done again and see if it will stay healthy, cause when i first got my cartilage done i didn't know you shouldn't use a gun on it, so i had it done at claires XD. this time i plan on going to an actual piercing place.

as for piercings going with tattoos...i just got my first tattoo april first, but it's down on my ankle so you can't really see it unless i wear shorts and no show socks with lowtop sneaks or sandals. (it's a eighth music note with the dots as paw prints cause i love music and i love animals...and it's GREEEEEEN) i want more tattoos, just don't have money. i know i want a sleeve on my left arm to cover up some scars (and to keep me from adding any more....cause i wouldn't be willing to ruin a piece of art), one on the back of my neck, on my calf, on both of my shoulders, and on my back. i'm sure i'll think of more too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

but yeah back to piercings...XD i think i might talk to a piercing place and ask their opinion on getting my lip redone, and my eyebrow, and my cartilage. and i want to buy new gauges for my ears, since i'm working in a place where they don't care (right now i have gauges in that just look like diamond studs, it was for when i was looking for a job so i could look more professional) and i want to go a little bigger :grin:

10. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I want the cartilage pierced in my right ear. i already have one in each lobe but i want to get another on both sides... i dream that one day ill have snakebites, but for now- ill wear false ones sometimes. its quite sad...:frowning2:

11. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    PurpleCrab: Wow! I've never heard of something like that! ...."Obviously if any piercing is left in long enough, the hole *probably* won't close." xD
    As far as when a piercing is brushed, I'd never thought of that, but now that you say it, I realize how true it is hahah

timo: I've seen some people with stretched lobes that, once they've finished stretching their ears, will get one or two small piercings along the outer part of the lobe and it looks really cool! (not saying you should get it, but it's a cool piercing set I thought of when you mentioned your own :lol:slight_smile:

GreenRaven: I'm glad I haven't had to deal with infection, just scarring, but I'm sad to hear you had to take out your cartilage because of it. Tea tree oil worked for me in getting rid of the scar tissue, and there are always different kinds of lip piercings you can get (as is evident in my early reply hahah)
    I've never heard of a piercing do that! From all the stuff that's happened with your piercings, I can only assume your body doesn't like foreign object inside it. Though using a piercing gun for the cartilage probably wasn't the best idea xD.
    Nice planning for tattoos and cool tattoo design! And if you wanted them to be seen together, you could always get dermals? :icon_bigg
    If a doctor has said anything about NOT getting an area pierced, based on my experience if you (and you should) tell the piercer about the previous piercing they will also recommend you not get that area pierced, if not straight out refuse to pierce it.

AwkwardlyHers: Just because they're fake doesn't change their meaning any less. Some people just don't like getting piercings but like how they look, so will opt for false ones (personally I think it's a cop-out) but everyone's entitled to what makes them happy.

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Woops!
    Audrey: I kind of envy you for having unpierced ears. You have a blank canvas that you could do anything with! You could even get transverse lobes! (something I wanted to get with my own ears, but I don't think my current lobes would allow it)

12. I have my cartilage pierced, but unfortunately I have to take it off, because of culinary school... No jewelry allowed.

13. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Any idea why that is?

14. GreenRaven

yeah i really think it doesn't haha. even with my gauges being in for years, if i take them out for too long they start to shrink. i'm sure if i never put anything back in they'd probably close all the way. *shrug* bodies are stupid sometimes

i've thought about dermals but not entirely sure how i feel about them lol. i think my next focus when i have spare money will be more tattoos. one and i'm addicted already XD

and yeah i know they probably will...but it can't hurt to ask!

15. @cogged.

hygiene issue i think, it could fall out and in someones food.

does anyone have their septum pierced?
    im getting done next week :grin:

if so pain rating from 1-10. 10 being reeeally bad. none of my piercings hurt tho. just curious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. timo

Ha I know what you mean, I've seen that too. But I really like the "clean look" of an ear with just tunnels/plugs (at the right size for someone's ear, not too small or too big) and no other piercings :icon_bigg

17. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just proof that body alteration is addicting!

I could see that....but piercings don't just randomly fall out. Plus it's pretty easily checked.
    Oh how I envy you! I want to get either my septum or nostril pierced.
    I HAVE asked my friends who get their septums pierced, and I've gotten anything from 5-8. General consensus, though, is that cartilage hurts more than septum.

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2012 at 12:44 PM ----------

To each there own, and it also depends on the person: what they like and what looks good on them, though the former is more important.

18. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aaaaaand I completely missed responding to you, GreenRaven! [That single sentence I put above was supposed to have more after it Dx]
    Don't gauges always shrink, at least a little bit, after they've been taken out (momentarily)? It will probably take a few years before you can take them out with your ears trying to revert back to what they were.
    Dermals are tricky....they look very smooth (in so far as the way they are put in your body, but then there's the pain and worrying about what can go wrong. Still, they're no where NEAR as painful looking as sub-clavicle piercings!

19. GreenRaven

they do shrink a little in looks, but they usually will stretch right back out if you put your gauges back in. my ears have been gauged at this size for about a year now, and i had difficulty putting them back in after having them out for my old job at the grocery store (could only have 1 pair of earrings...don't know why they'd rather i have holes in my ears than earrings but whatevs lol) even if it was only a 4 hour shift (which is all i ever got...2 days a week....hence why i have a new job XD) but really i do think my body just doesn't like having shit in it lol. which sucks for it cause i totally plan on getting my eyebrow redone and my cartilage. we'll see about the lip haha. i'll consult a professional about it.

yeah, dermals just kinda....freak me out a little haha. i think i'll stick with regular piercings. and omg sub-clavical piercings....i don't even wanna think about how much those would hurt

20. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeesh, your body..... *sigh*

I don't know if it's getting dermals that freak me out, or the thought of taking them out.... *shudder*
    As for the sub-clavicles, I'm not sure which part is worse....ENTERING the chest cavity, or the fact that somehow they are going to manage to maneuver around a bone, and back up...*bigger shudder*