1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News article - UK more liberal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ccdd, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ccdd

ccdd Guest

From a survey of British attitudes just published in the papers -

"In 1987, 75% of people thought homosexuality was always or mostly wrong. Now 32% take this view."

Well, it's progress I suppose...

Although I'm not sure we're doing too good on the race front - I read on BBC news that tolerance has gone down since the last survey.

Here's the link (I hope):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/jan/23/socialtrends

2. Levi

Levi Guest

32% thinking who we are is wrong or mostly wrong is kinda bad. Though I guess it's progress, it still does seem disturbingly high for 2008. It makes me kinda frustrated, why the hell do they care who we love?

3. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seriously...Why do they have to say what right and wrong with us? Stick to your own lives already....

4. Psychedelic Bookmarks

i read that in the paper just half an hour ago! lol we must both read the guardian ^_^ i thought that for a supposedly more liberal survey, it was shockingly illiberal. the statistics about whether women should go to work or whether it was their role to do all the housework were shocking. unsuprisingly, more men tended to support traditional gender roles. :tantrum:

5. Bevo

Bevo Guest

If you think about it, this is good progress considering the 32% is a small minority and the fact that Homosexuality is still punishable by death in 6 countries across the world. so i'd say that its better than no progress at all