1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What inspired your username?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CelebrityHead, Jan 22, 2008.

1. CelebrityHead

For those whose usernames aren't their real names, where does your username come from, or what inspired it?

Celebrity Head is a pretty unknown song by Powderfinger on their Internationalist album. I love the horn cues in the chorus.

2. Jerr

Yeah, when I read the title of the thread I was thinking of my own answer... and uh yeah. lol

My other username tends to be fpos_shyguy

I LOVE Shy Guys from Mario.

fpos stands for something and it was an OLD OLD clan on Diablo 2. A friend of mine was a part of that clan and when it died out he kept the fpos alive. I asked if I could use it and I have ever sense.

oh and if you haven't guessed... my user name IS my name.

3. ccdd

ccdd Guest

Well...to be honest I was *so* stressed when I signed up (shaking and all), never having signed up to a forum before, being gay etc... that what *actually* happened (and I kid you not) is that my thumb over the Space Button accidently hit "c", and then I decided to hit it again, and then I thought "what comes after c?", so then I hit "d", and then to make it even, I hit "d" again. And then I joined as quickly as I could so I wouldn't lose my courage. Seriously, this is how it happened. There was absolutely no thought in it other than "Oh my God what am I doing?". I wish I had actually chosen a decent username, but I feel people know this one already. But yeah, my weird username is the result of a *very* stressed woman, in a *very* stressed mental place.

This all seems so silly now - really quite hilarious!! Which is good. I must be making progress :slight_smile:

4. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gustav is actually a nickname that caught on years ago. my real name is matt. I think Gustav is just a much cooler name than plain ole matt.

5. elektrikk

i like spelling things, liike how they sound. so electric, elektrik.
    my second choice was teknalluhgee. lmao, lameee

6. Astaroth

This is a pretty common question in the chat room so far, so I'll answer it here:

Astaroth (n): A daemon or spirit known to tempt mankind into laziness, vanity, and pride. Also known as Asharte, Ashtoreth, or Astarte.

Or you can read the full Wikipedia article here

The reason I chose it was that I love angelology and demonology and have studied it for years. Plus, I like the combination of words in the name, such as "star" "astral" and "tarot."

7. bvtsjm116

bvtsjm116 Guest

My name =o lol *doesn't feel like explaining* OOOOKKKK I know, mines stttuuupppiidddd :grin:

8. Hollywood

im just too glamarous. fucking red carpet ready xD

9. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

I used to be a competitive gymnast for a long time until I fractured my back during my freshman year of highschool. I fractured my back doing a move called a "Kovacs" right before the national championships and I was never able to return to gymnastics after that, so i guess it has meaning for me. I felt like changing the spelling to kovax though. heres a vid of what a kovacs looks like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-TSHcYyddc

if you watch the video you have an idea of what i was doing, and essentially i undercut it and smashed my back on the bar (my back was already prone to stress fractures because i was practicing 40 hours a week...so it wasnt just this one fall most likely, this just was the breaking point)

#9 Kovax14, Jan 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  10. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha...my name comes from a Gun in the game "Call of Duty 2" that I LOVE to use online....it's an old russian rifle...

Lol I'm a gaming nerd :icon_wink

11. KatoKumi

:frowning2:!
    Mine's my art site name from like a million years ago.

I wanna change it :/

12. nanoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm short.

13. pyroboy74

I like playing with fire

14. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    My Favorite song in the world "Defying Gravity" from Wicked the Musical when Elphaba (aka The Wicked Witch of the West) flys and says " So if you care to find me, Look to the Western Sky."

15. sdc91

Oww!

sdc91 = Super Duper Cooper 1991

16. Lol I watched Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith shortly before joining and the Emperor was always my favorite character so I took that plus my initials.

17. Zec24

Combo of my nickname and favorite number.

18. puppysquisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do i really need to explain?... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. suburbs_of_sodom

Northern Virginia...neither here nor there
    Since I live in Suburbia, and since I'm gay, I thought it might be fun to be "suburbs of sodom." Of course, god didn't so much destroy Sodom because it was filled with gays, but more because it was filled with gay rapists. But it provides a nice contradiction between the suburbs, or the epitome of the modern (Christian) status quo, and Sodom, the epitome of sin. It's also a fun alliteration, so that worked out well. I've been thinking of making my new usernames (for sites I might join later down the road) suburbs of babylon, because Babylon will always hold a special place in my heart, plus it sounds super cool. But alas, there is no alliteration, so I'm conflicted.

20. lostinthought9

mine is pretty self-explanatory, i went throught a million user names cuz they were all taken, and so i kept thinking of new ones, so i was like im lost in thought, hey! thats it!!

and thats my story...lol...