1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found Out

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MatthewJS, Aug 11, 2012.

1. MatthewJS

Just like what the title says, when did you found out you were gay/lesbian/bisexual I found out I was gay in fourth grade after I was attracted to my classmate. At first I was thinking like "He is only person I am attracted." Then sixth grade came by.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew I was queer in middle school. It was a scary thing, because it was definitely not safe, and I had nobody to talk to about it.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew that I was not straight in in my 8th grade year.

4. speedboy3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess I found out when I was 7 or 8, took me a while to accept it though.

5. TheGreyMan

I had my first thoughts at about six.
    I made my realization around sixth grade.
    In eighth grade, I finally accepted it.

6. WALK2222

Spring of this year, I fully 100% accepted myself. Although since Christmas I had been questioning.

7. MatthewJS

Also when I found out I was gay, immediatly, I accepted myself. I was born not to judge people for who they are or what they are.

8. MusicIsLife

I knew I liked girls in grade three. I didn't put a name to it until I was fifteen. I didn't figure out I was trans until I was 21 though.

9. SunSparks

Hmmm... I guess I should have known by 3rd grade but I was too naive for any of that... I think by 7th, I was questioning, and by mid 8th I knew and was fine with it.

10. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Well, I've always known I was different, But I wasn't really sure if it was a sexuality thing until the 6th grade... Only very recently have I come to understand and accept that I'm Lesbi-fluid/Homoflexible (as in, spring this year). So I'll say eighth grade was when it all came together for me for sure.:slight_smile:

#10 AshenAngel, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
  11. Mackattack

Mackattack Guest

I knew I was a lesbian when I was in 10th grade, when I realized I had feelings for this girl who at the time was my best friend.

12. dl72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I knew in middle school that I was different. It really sunk in in high school when I was attracted to some of the guys in school. I was like ok at least I know for sure now, so I accepted it.

13. secretguyX

I realized I liked girls in spring of grade 6. But grade 8 (this year) was when I knew for sure that I was bisexual (well I think I am...), because before that I went back and forth from gay to bisexual and so on.

14. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

I've always had a clear understanding that I was attracted to boys, I think the first time I identified as 'gay' was when I was 6. Living in a very religious household made me feel ashamed for most of my life, but actually when I discovered Lady Gaga at 18 I felt like maybe it's okay to be who I was meant to be. I came out shortly after and I can honestly say I'm happier and more secure now then I've ever been. I love being gay! :grin:

15. when i watched monkey trouble or whatever its called and hocus pocus. thora birch you babeeee <3

16. Fae

Fae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In retrospect, the first signs popped up at around 7, but at the time I didn't really think anything of it. My parents had taught me that some boys loved boys, and that that was fine, but as far as I can remember not a word was said about girls. So I just kind of assumed that all other girls thought like me, too.
    It wasn't until I was about 12 that I started to think 'Hey, wait a minute,' and after that I figured it out pretty quickly.

17. Jared

Looking back, the signs started popping up around 8-10, but I didn't even begin to think that I might be gay until 8th grade.

18. AmblingSam

I found out after an anatomy project in 6th grade. It took me about a year to accept.

19. Romi

Sexuality- I realized I was bisexual in highschool. But I have a definite preference for men over women. I'm very picky with my women.

Gender- I always knew I was the opposite gender of what my body was. I think my family always knew it, too. Although they don't all know it now. Weird how that works. And it wasn't until maybe a year-year and a half ago I moved into the genderqueer label.

20. Given To Fly

With the benefit of hindsight, I knew at the age of about 11. It's taken me the best part of 20 years to accept it though.