1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Long Distance Relationships?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Crystal's Vaporeon, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Crystal's Vaporeon

I've been dating this guy for 9 months now, he means the world to me and it would kill me to lose him, but I guess lately I've been having doubts,
    over the 9 months we've been together, we haven't met once. He has a car and can drive yet he refuses to drive down and see me, expecting me to come down and visit him, now mind you he lives 6 hours away and I can not drive nor have the money to fly/get a train there. I would have to wait until my parents needed to visit somewhere close by the visit him.
    Sure we visit the area every few months but even so he has also had something come up when I was in the area, he has the ability to visit me yet everytime I talk to him about it he says he needs to study, yet whenever I talk to him he goes on about playing Skyrim or what ever game is is obsessed with that day.
    I really do love him but not meeting him has really been taking its toll on me.
    I guess I just want to see what people think about my situation and if anyone has an idea what I could do.....

2. blightedsight

It's a pickle, isn't it?
    I'm currently in a long distance relationship, with a guy I met online, and, well, within the first week of chatting, we already planned our first meet(just shy of a weeks stay in London). We've met up twice more since then(we've been together for 12 weeks now) and things are going really well.

For me, personally(and I can only say what I would do in your situation, not tell you what is happening for you), I really don't think I could consider myself 'dating' someone for 9 months having never actually met them. I mean, yes, if we met and didn't see each other for that amount of time, sure, but not without meeting.
    Added to that, the apparent reluctance to meet you, well, that would raise alarm bells in my head.
    Oh dear.

3. Crystal's Vaporeon

We talk on the phone nearly every night and text often as well, I mean I guess for now that is enough for me but he means so much o me already and I really want to meet him but it just feels like the chance has never really come nor will it.
    I want to believe things will work out fine but its hard.....
    And a lot of peopel have been saying that he is a fake and he is just playing me or that Im a failure because I can only atract guys online (Guys online seem to all go for me yet guys from my town won't even look twice at me)

4. blightedsight

But you see, its not enough, is it?
    You're saying it is because you don't want to consider the fact that if it's not enough BUT he won't meet you, that you'll have to end the relationship, isn't it?
    I don't mean to be harsh. I remember when I was 16 and I was in love with someone I had only been talking to online(thats back in the days when you could only talk to people who were very far away online because texting wasn't something we did - mobile phones were still a couple of years away and even then, texting was an expensive business).
    I wouldn't say this guy is a fake or playing you, but there does seem to be some reason he's reluctant to meet up.

5. Crystal's Vaporeon

Yeah but in a way Im perfectly fine with just contacting via phone but Ive been on he verge of tears more times thn I can remember because it feels like he doesnt care enough to meet me, I dont know what to do, Im not ready to end things with him (Nor do I think I will ever be) But I dont know if I will be able to keep going on like this, I need to see that he is really there.... At times it DOES feel like he is just playin me