1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is Wrong!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mostashio, Jan 23, 2008.

1. mostashio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know if this has been posted or not...but here it is anyway...

[​IMG]

2. davo-man

Yeah it was posted in the "Brokeback Mountain Star is Dead!" thread, but wherever it is posted, it is still terrible. At least this way, the Westboro Church will get MEGA bad press if they actually carry through with it, and ppl will hate them even more

3. Grantious

Its so SAD :-(

4. Jeimuzu

What I don't get about WBC is how they picket funerals of soldiers, usually, without getting shot by any one of the ~90% who are trained in armaments..

5. Wow that's just plain wrong, what a terrible thing to say about anyone.

6. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

OMG THAT IS SO MESSED UP. I FEEL LIKE CALLING THEM AND CURSING THEM OUT><. Stupid ignorant people.

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this the same group that had that nutty american woman or CNN trying to dignify why american soldiers deserved to die?

These idiots get worse and worse. :dry:

8. Levi

Levi Guest

Well these idiots have probably done more to further our cause in recent times than anyone else. No-one wants to be identified with this group. Just me looking at it from a different perspective as I often do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#8 Levi, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  9. lodiug

Those ASSHOLES!!!!:***: Sorry for my spamming, but I can't believe these idiots did this! I just want to shoot them all dead! Then we'll se who goes to hell!!:tantrum: :bang:

10. pirateninja

It's stuff like this that makes me ashamed for simply being human. How can other human beings say stuff like this?

11. ampthejazz

Fuck the Westboro Baptist Church. Don't think too much about what they say - they're a bunch of lunatics.

I was looking at their website, and I saw that they picketed a soldier's funeral in the city where I live. A member of my synagogue's son who died in Iraq - they picked his funeral. In my hometown. They fucking disgust me.

12. JSG

JSG Guest

What have we EVER done to them?
    :cry:

13. Ty

Ty Guest

But surely they can't just do things like that? (referring to the picketing funerals) =/ Didn't they do something like that at Matthew Sheppards funeral too?...

14. Jim1454

"Lunatics" only scratches the surface.

You wonder if the 'ignore them and they'll go away' tactic will work with these people. Perhaps there should be a picket set up every Sunday (or whenever they "worship") outside their "church" - and see how they like it.

I take the high road when it comes to most things, but when the old coot Fred passes on, I think I'd be willing to drive to Kansas to picket his funeral! Hopefully it's in the summer, so I can put the top down. :icon_wink

15. Levi

Levi Guest

I'm gonna repeat myself in this thread. These people are the greatest gift the gay community have gotten in a long time. Any moderately homophobic person is terrified of being equated to this group. Just the way they're portrayed in the MSM is great; as ugly freaks. (looks matters a lot in MSN sadly, but luckily for us in this case).

Don't get me wrong though, what these people do to grieving families is horrendous, but PR wise they're good for us.

(yeah I know I'm slightly twisted, but I look at the realpolitik since that's what matters)

16. JayHew

In Loving Memory Regular Member

This group proves beyond a shadow of a doubt; IGNORANCE IS DEFINITELY A CHOICE!

17. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    These people threatened to picket my cousins funeral who was kidnapped and possibly beheaded in Iraq (google - Thomas Tucker). A restraining order was placed against them which stopped them. They have picketed Mr. Rogers funeral because he supported diversity. It does not surprise me at all that they would do this. They are the scum of the earth and thrive on the kind of attention this gets them.

18. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That is hotlinked from Encyclopedia Dramatica which describes itself as "a central catalog for the e-public to view parody and satirie of drama, memes, e-pals and other interesting happenings on the internets."

So this press release may be a parody rather than genuine.

I have not been able to check whether the same press release exists at http://www.godhatesfags.com/ as it is very slow and timing out for me currently.

19. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It is publicized at "God Hates Fags". I saw it this morning.

20. Levi

Levi Guest

Yeah anything publicized by Encyclopedia Dramatica is not worth the bits it is written in. The people behind that site are sicker than most of the members of that crazy church. So I have my doubts. Nice catch Paul.