1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Open relationships poll

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PurpleCrab, Aug 15, 2012.

?

Have you ever been in an open relationship?

1. No, never, and I believe I never will.

29 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Once, a lesbian open relationship. It ended badly.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Once, a gay open relationship. It ended badly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Once, a straight open relationship. It ended badly.

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Yes, lesbian open relationship(s), and it worked fine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes, gay open relationship(s), and it worked fine.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Yes, straight open relationship(s), and it worked fine.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Yes, am now in an open lesbian relationship but we're having trouble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Yes, am now in an open lesbian relationship, and it goes smoothly.

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  10. Yes, am now in an open gay relationship, and it goes smoothly.

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. Yes, am now in an open straight relationship, and it goes smoothly.

2 vote(s)
    3.5%
  12. Yes, am now in an open gay relationship but we're having trouble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Yes, am now in an open straight relationship but we're having trouble.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. No, never but given the right circumstances I might try it.

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. PurpleCrab

Just wondering about how this is in LGBT community. Feel free to post and share how it went/goes for your couple!

2. Bree

I think I'd be willing to be in an open relationship if my partner and I were going to be separate for long periods of time. I'd rather keep it open than put them in a situation where they might be tempted to cheat.
    HOWEVER only one-night stands would be permitted, and I'd want to hear about it. I'd like hearing about it (in detail) as a bit of a kinky turn on...

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not comfortable with my partner having anyone else but me ^,^

4. BudderMC

I haven't, and don't think I would, but given the right circumstances I'd try it. I wouldn't write it off right away on principle.

5. paul

Well I was in a open relationship with a girl before I realized I was gay. The deal with her was that I wanted her to be my girlfriend and she just wanted a friends with benefits. So it was friends with benefits or nothing. Of course I was just to naive to realize she didn't actually like me. We ended up hanging out once as friends with benefits and it was really weird. I don't believe open relationships are really the way to go. It is sort of a contradiction within itself. A relationship (in a romantic sense) is between two people but open means that it is not exclusive. Not judging just my thoughts

6. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I don't think I could ever have an open relationship with somebody, if I was dating someone I'd want to know that they only have eyes for me.

7. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

I have never had one, but I think I would be able to handle it if I found someone that I could trust enough to do it. It probably will never happen though because most people aren't for it and I'm not into it enough for me to ask for it.

8. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Personally, I don't have the energy to be in a relationship and also seek out other partners. And I probably would get jealous if my partner wanted to sleep with other people. I'd be much more open to threesomes- at least that's something we'd be doing together -but if either of those things was something my partner wanted, we'd have to have a long discussion about it, for sure.

9. Iamthewalrus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Non-monogamy isn't something I'm interested in (and thankfully the boyfriend feels the same), but I do know a girl who is in an open relationship (heterosexual) and it works for her.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The one most applicable to me is Yes, am now in an open straight relationship, and it goes smoothly, although we are both bisexual and i think the term 'heterosexual relationship' should be used, not 'straight relationship'. It has been a little over a year, i think 16 months, it should be noted that our relationship is purely sex and friendship, with no romantic attachment. We are mutually agreed to disclose fully any feelings we develop, but at this point it looks like a safe bet we're in the clear. Not even the slightest complication so far.

i have dated a couple of other people also in the mean time but no-one has been a click either romantically or sexually =( i live in hope to find a real loving partnership! Though i do have the next best thing in a wonderful companion =)

11. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, I could never be in an open relationship. I'm too much of a romantic and into monogamy.

12. Gen

Gen

Nope I'm too greedy ^_^.

Really though, I dont have anything against those who do, do it. I am just satisfied with one guy.

13. my ex. once never again.

my ex said she wanted an open relationship at the end of our 'relationship' so she could 'figure things out'. she didnt need to figure anything out she just wanted to have her cake and eat it. have me to run back to when the other girls didnt want her anymore or she got bored of flirting cuz she knew i was in love with her. we broke up soon after that after being monogamous for almost a year.

i wouldnt consider one again. but if that is really how they work then its reeally not for me. if its for you though then go for it.

14. PurpleCrab

I'm really surprised by the results so far! I guess I was prejudiced into thinking that there were lots more open gay relationships than straight ones. But then, it's better to get free of those prejudices now than later :slight_smile:
    I picked, I am in a straight open relationship and it goes smoothly. My wife doesn't have much of the tendency to look around but I do, especially when I'm really happy about life in general. We feel possessiveness but we do enjoy it and we communicate 100%.

15. Hot Pink

If it's a relationship with a girl, it would have to be monogamous. If I was in a relationship with a guy, it would have to be open. I don't think the relationship would work otherwise.