1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High School Sucks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LisforLisa, Aug 15, 2012.

1. LisforLisa

Today was only my first day but I already don't want to to back. First of all my locker was jammed and the school failed to fix it. So I had to lug around my 15 pound totebag and 3 pound tennis bag. My math teacher is kinda cute but a huge bi#@$. Then there's this guy and I know he has a crush on me. Which is going to be interesting.

I asked the assistant principal if I could go to my locker. Still he refused even after I told him my situation. Then I was in the wrong class so I skipped lunch. Then I went back to lunch and all the populars were laughing at me. Then I went to French and some other c*** was laughing at me.

Well only 719 more school days to high school graduation.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, high school does suck, and it does so because adults have specifically designed things that way. Stay strong girl, and I hope that you are able to find rewarding activities and friends there.

I also hope that you are able to be safely out.

3. LisforLisa

Hopefully most subjects in school are pointless such as Algebra,Geometry. Also it's a bad idea putting thousands of hormonal bi**** teens in one school.

4. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All that suffering will shape you into the person you will eventually become. As terrible as my high-school years were, I'm glad they happened, because I'm happy with who I am.

5. Snowy

Snowy Guest

Don't get too down :frowning2: It'll get better, as, like you said, it was just your first day.

6. Tetraquark

Tetraquark Guest

Algebra and geometry aren't pointless, just poorly taught. Like almost all courses in high school, unfortunately. It doesn't help that the administration isn't always particularly competent either.

However, it was just your first day. Some people love high school, so give it a chance. It is certainly better than middle school. The other students are starting to mature, and you are offered a little more freedom. It's still not for everyone, but it's not all bad.

#6 Tetraquark, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  7. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Stay strong, is my advice coming from experience. If you stay out of the drama and continue with your studies, you'll be fine. Find people like you and get involved and you'll have a great distraction that'll keep you until graduation :slight_smile: Life will get you up and down, but I like to think of the song "I Will Survive" to keep me going and be optimistic, so maybe it'll work the same with you, too.

8. Delta

High school sucks. No, let me rephrase that. High school sucks balls. And I'm a lesbian, that's a really bad kind of suck. But if you get real friends and trudge through it, it'll be a lot more fun.

However, you're going to need to drop the junior high attitude. People are people, popular or not; "adult language" is juvenile; 18 pounds is heavy, but it's only for one day; the teachers and staff are not required to give you a break, you have to earn their respect; mistakes happen and you're going to get laughed at, it's not that bad; and if a guy likes you it's flattering and then you can just ignore it.

Sorry, but you needed a little tough love. I understand how sucky it is, I just got out of it myself, but it'll suck a lot less if you upgrade your attitude about the whole thing. Best of luck to you! Make the best of it.

9. paul

My family moved/moves around a lot so I started high school in a foreign place without knowing anyone. I remembered talking to my mom about it and the housing office lady told me her high school horror story. i think adults don't realize that hearing their horror stories doesn't make your situation any better. Even though you don' t realize it now, there will be people you will meet that will hate those popular kids just as much as you. In a few months or so the unfamiliar faces will become familiar. Best of Luck and keep fighting
    Paul

10. redstormrising

you've been there all of one day, give it a chance. i thought high school was pretty good. get involved in clubs, activities, sports, whatever. make some friends. things won't always go your way - in hs or in life - but how you approach it makes a big difference

11. castle walls

I agree with sleeperflick a million percent (I'm obviously not a math person though:lol:slight_smile:. Staying out of the drama makes high school a lot better. You may also want to think about surrounding yourself with people that stay out of drama as well.

I hated high school my first day but it got better. I loved my junior year. Good luck!

12. Gen

Gen

I wish I lived in Miami, becuase I swear I would find these kids :eusa_naug.

Anyway, all I can say is to stay strong and be positive on the outside. I say on the outside, because highschool is alot more enjoyable if you have people to spend it with. But people wont think you're approachable if you stay in the slumps all the time. Highschool is what you make of it, you cant let others determine if you are going to enjoy the next four years or not.

13. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I am a computer programmer, so I loved math and couldn't get enough of it. If it's not your thing, I understand, but realize that knowledge of mathematics is extremely valuable, and just as much of a prerequisite to being intellectual as literature and philosophy.

And that's the worst part of school, just a teensy bit ahead of the authoritarian, abusive adults who should be starving on the streets rather than being employed crushing the spirits of our youth.

14. VMKMagic

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Though freshman year hasn't started for me yet, I go to a school with such asses. And last year I had the same problem you had with your locker .-. You could probably ask one of your teachers, probably first or last period, to drop off your tennis stuff in.

Good luck with your school year, hopefully high school wont be too much of a bitch like it probably will be for me...I mean the high schools in my district delayed obama care LMFAO :<

15. Aria

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    High school is usually not a fun time. But luckily, it's 4 years of your life that immediately become irrelevant socially as soon as you leave it.

16. Caudex

Caudex Guest

Don't worry! Once you get past the initial shock (about 5 days) it's really fun! I hated middle school so much. I learned nothing, everyone there was kind of a jerk except for one person, etc. But now I have such a big pool for meeting friends! Go to clubs, and all that. It's so much better than middle school! Don't worry.

Oh, by the way, make sure to not "act gay" if it's a public school.

17. LisforLisa

Update: The second day wasn't quite so bad. My locker is still broken but It will probably be fixed soon. My backpack was lighter today. Hopefully this year will be good.

18. redstormrising

great! glad to hear your second day went better. hang in there :slight_smile:

19. needshelp

high school sucks but it's only just 4 years. you'll be out of there before you know it.

20. ANightDude

I really recommend just getting involved in some things. Join a club, or start a club. Sign up for electives that you get passionate about. Find things that make it worth while.

I had fun it high school, but that's because I was pretty much involved in everything. I figured that since we have to go through it, I might as well make the best of the whole thing.