1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

highschool !!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by happygay, Jan 23, 2008.

1. happygay

happygay Guest

I'm going to register for a high school next week but I need help or advice about what highschool is like,tips?:eek:

2. Levi

Levi Guest

Beat up the first guy you see on the first day.. oh no sorry that's prison..

Well, just act yourself, but to an extreme since high school is all about getting noticed.. Don't be shy anyways since that'll only put you down as some weird freak. Just my $0.02

3. Tip: Mind your own business, don't try to get involved in everybody's prblems because it WILL cause problems for you.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

That was random?

5. How is it random?:confused2: It's a tip for being in high school. Sorry if i didnt make it clear enough.

6. Levi

Levi Guest

I think he said it was random because it sounded like some personal problem rather than a general tip.. but I might be wrong ofc.

7. Gustav

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you are probably right.

High school for me is much more freedom than middle school ever was. and you can have actual, personal, and intellectual conversations with your teachers. . .they treat you more like adults

8. happygay

happygay Guest

Thanks for the tips!

9. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

Well i am a freshman in highschool and i just finished my first semester. I have gotton okay grades with nearly no effort, so if i tried, i could do very well which is what i suggest to you.
    -take a foreign lang. if u can
    -go to school games, football, basketeball
    -join a team
    -go to a GSA meeting
    -do new things
    -meet new people

10. DreaminCali

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm going to move "try new things" to the top of the list. It's important to experience new things all the time because it helps you develope an understanding of who you are and what you like (and you're bound to meet new people). :slight_smile:

11. ampthejazz

My advice: be chill. :grin:

12. Brett

Since you're going to be a Fishy it's good not to get full of yourself. Try to meet some sophmores and/or juniors. That way it's a little easier to handle the upperclassmen. The most important thing though is to remember to be yourself and hang out w/ ppl u like.

P.S. And never take music tech!!! It's the devil!!! (Srry 4 the randomness)

13. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually...the "stay out of other peoples buisness" is the best advice you can get...people love the drama in high school, AVOID IT!

ehhh also GO TO FOOTBALL GAMES/GAMES IN GENERAL/DANCES!

DO NOT stay home...you will regret it, get out there, and have fun! meet people! :thumbsup:

EDIT: AND do NOT be full of yourself like someone else said, do not be self-centered, EVERYONE hates those people, avoid it.

14. otc877

otc877 Guest

Well, as a Link Leader of my high school, I feel it is my duty to help ALL freshmen.... not really, but it looked good on a college application :slight_smile:

Anyways, a few of the things we told our freshmen was to get INVOLVED!
    I'm a member of the school newspaper, and I absolutely love it. Find something that you're good at, something that you enjoy and pursue it.

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and meet new people. You will not have classes with all of your friends, you may not even have friends in some of your classes. Be friendly, be optimistic, and be confident in yourself and you'll be fine.

High school really isn't bad. Hope that helps.

#14 otc877, Jan 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2008
  15. CrimsonThunder

Watch out for dunny flushes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    alot of people play it to be hell on earth...his advice it great, you'll be fine! oh and if freshman year sucks, you got 3 more years there, just cause one year might go as you planned, doesn't mean the others will. Keep your head up and be confident, Like he said!

17. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aren't they the same thing?

18. Wired106

Another thing to remember about high school is try not to tell everyone your gay right away because in high school especially there is a TON of criticism and people can be EXTREMLY mean if they find out your gay. It usually takes a little time if you want to tell someone. Wait until you have a best friend there at least.

19. nisomer

Walk with confidence and with your head high. I always knew who the freshmen were because they would walk with their heads down and you could just tell they seemed less confident.

20. Micah

I loved highschool.

Make friends, have fun, do your homework.