1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues with hair

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shy, Aug 16, 2012.

1. shy

shy

Ever since my body hair started growing I was having issues with it. I mean it's ok if there is hair and it's natural but I got 'em just everywhere. To the common ones like arms, legs andsoon I got them on my hands, fingers, feet, toes, throat... (not to mention chest and belly). In addition to that the hair is pretty thick and almost black while my skin hardly gets bronzed in the sun. I rather get sunburnt.

Today I just grew myself some balls and made an appointment to get councelling about laser epillation. It's gonna be tomorrow morning (MEZ). Main parts will be on how much this costs and how much I should/can do.

Has anyone here (preferably human) had this before? What do you think is a good way on not overdoing? (because I'll likely go too far since I really strongly and passionately hate this hair):lol:

2. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never considered it. I know a few people who have though. Can't really say.

Managing body hair has never been too big of an issue for me. A lot of people complain about the itchiness after shaving, but as long as you keep up with it, it never becomes an issue.

3. shy

shy

The problem with shaving is that my hair grows in a pretty weird angle so it will most likely grow inside and cause infections (only Staph. hominis, but still I already had to cut one out and now got a 10 cm scar from it). Besides, shaving also costs foam and blades, and it takes pretty long.

4. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know someone who had their armpits lasered and loved it. Personally I wouldn't do it simply through preferance.

It doesn't actually cost as much as I thought it would - about £200 but it does take multiple sessions.

5. shy

shy

yeah, it'll take multiple sessions and it can't all be done in one session (area is too big and my bloodpressure may be too low to keep up with the anesthesic gel.

I got tested on how strong the laser can be used on my skin and I didn't get anything for that. It's only a few shots but it still kinda hurts like a needle. (well, what a wonder at 65°C).
    I'll have my first session on monday, so no sunbathing anymore until then.

Compared to the 200 £ my sessions will cost pretty much more. All in all it will be something around 5k SFR. (this may give you an idea how much I hate'em).
    I'll give uptade after the first session.

6. Friendly ghost

Yes please keep us updated. I have been considering looking into this route. Mine isn't too bad, but I am much happier without it, and it just grows too fast.

7. BornAnew

Shy I seem to have similar issues. I mean I don't have hair on fingers or my throat. But I just feel I have too much on my chest & back.

I was thinking of getting laser treatment when I could afford it. I want to avoid shaving them as I hear they grow back stronger once you shave them?